PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Quick Mobile Weather Freeware/Dontationware

Here it is, its gonna be a WeatherPanel Clone! Freeware and Open source, words from the dev himself: The app is most definitely going to be Open Source and free.

Everyone is getting excited to get WP back!! Haha. Check it out and if you have a feature request put it in the box on second link:

http://code.google.com/p/quickmobileweather/

The second link is kind of a user submission form... If you have ideas or anything to add to the app speak now, this will be going on for a while until the development starts, because I'm not sure how much can be added after development is started:

http://code.google.com/p/quickmobile...erRequirements

This is to keep the WP thread less cluttered and on topic!

The developer will be taking donations and you can take care of him or buy him some coffee right HERE!

Last edited by thacounty; 07-09-2009 at 11:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 850e (Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

gksmithlcw is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to gksmithlcw Send a message via AIM to gksmithlcw Send a message via MSN to gksmithlcw Send a message via Yahoo to gksmithlcw
Re: Quick Mobile Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Here it is, its gonna be a WeatherPanel Clone! Everyone is getting excited to get WP back!! Haha.
Thanks goes to thecounty for getting the QuickMobile Weather thread started.

eNVENT Technologies
Use your imagination.
--
Sprint Treo 850e (Pro)

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
bC6
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Titan/Mogul~WidgetProPlus-U~UranusWare WP

bC6 is a n00b

Man, I hope this endeavor works out.
Thanks ahead of time.

Cheers
Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via ICQ to gksmithlcw Send a message via AIM to gksmithlcw Send a message via MSN to gksmithlcw Send a message via Yahoo to gksmithlcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bC6 View Post
Man, I hope this endeavor works out.
Thanks ahead of time.

Cheers
Hey, not a problem. If you have any skills you'd like to donate, please feel free.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
bC6
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Titan/Mogul~WidgetProPlus-U~UranusWare WP

bC6 is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: Quick Mobile Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
Hey, not a problem. If you have any skills you'd like to donate, please feel free.
Well, I'm a web developer in LAMP stack.
However, I cut my teeth with my first tech gig
back in college learning PERL to test a Window's
app. So I learned a little, very little MFC.

Things have changed, but if downloading the CE dev kit
and emulator from this website or some other documentation
can help me help out in some way or another let me know.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bC6 View Post
Well, I'm a web developer in LAMP stack.
However, I cut my teeth with my first tech gig
back in college learning PERL to test a Window's
app. So I learned a little, very little MFC.

Things have changed, but if downloading the CE dev kit
and emulator from this website or some other documentation
can help me help out in some way or another let me know.
I'd love to have you aboard. If you're up for looking into C++ and/or XML, that's where I'm at right now with development framework... You can check out the Visual Studio Express Edition C++ IDE and the WM 5 SDK as far as the C++ goes. That will give you the tools to develop the app and the XML that goes along with it.

I'm not yet writing code, though. At the moment, I'm trying to put together a solid set of user requirements and then go from there.

On a side note, I may end up going with .NET on this project, which would end up being C# but I'm not sure. I am more comfortable with C# but C++ is more efficient at runtime so I'm still debating... LOL

Either way, though, anyone who wants to be part of this project, please feel free to hang out in this thread and at the Google Code project page linked above.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, check your pm please.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
Thanks goes to thecounty for getting the QuickMobile Weather thread started.
Thanks bro, but seriously, thanks goes to you for developing this, you have gotten the ball rolling on something that will be very important around here. I will be updating the first post as I see fit and if you have something you want to add feel free to pm me.

If anyone has updates pm me and I will keep up best I can!

Edit: I'm up for some testing on the square screen and I will also be more than happy to help where I can, although I am no programmer I have a few ideas and can google like no other haha.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, feel free to forward my pm to the app guru. (guy in charge)
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6900 Touch/HTC Vogue [CDMA]
Carrier: ntelos

jtaylor1981 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jtaylor1981 Send a message via Yahoo to jtaylor1981

Hey guys....I'm not a techie like you all are. Following your ideas & solutions is one thing but putting into action is a no go for me.

BUT...I have a "HTC Touch" (Vogue) through nTelos which is a CDMA. My phone info is below. I will be more than happy to test it out & give any feedback when that time comes. Just let me know. This post updates to my email every day & I am ALWAYS on here looking for new skins & thems for my various programs so hit me up if you need someone to help test it out.
Radio: 2.23.00

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software