PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Theme Problem - Update Time Cutting Off

I changed the firmware on my Verizon Treo 700w to 1.22, and of course the first application is WeatherPanel. I am noticing a strange issue in the Stealth skin. It seems to be cutting off the first digit of the "Updated Time" in the skin - when the time is double-digit (10, 11, 12). This is the first time I installed it via the new cab file that includes the new .dll, the WP-Auth, and the moons. Usually I do it all manually but just discovered this new .cab install which is VERY nice! Any ideas when it's cutting off the 1st digit? In the screen shot you can see what I am talking about - it should say "10:09". I then went through installing the rest of my apps and it never corrected itself.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
I changed the firmware on my Verizon Treo 700w to 1.22, and of course the first application is WeatherPanel. I am noticing a strange issue in the Stealth skin. It seems to be cutting off the first digit of the "Updated Time" in the skin - when the time is double-digit (10, 11, 12). This is the first time I installed it via the new cab file that includes the new .dll, the WP-Auth, and the moons. Usually I do it all manually but just discovered this new .cab install which is VERY nice! Any ideas when it's cutting off the 1st digit? In the screen shot you can see what I am talking about - it should say "10:09". I then went through installing the rest of my apps and it never corrected itself.
It could be that the "cleartype" font setting has been changed in your WeatherPanel configuation. This is one of those WeatherPanel settings that you can't normally see on the Treo, becuase it gets cut off.

To see all of the WeatherPanel settings (on the Treo), access them through the Today settings: Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today. Select the Items tab, highlight WeatherPanel and tap the Options button. You should now have a vertical scroll bar that allows you to scroll down to settings you don't normally see.

On the Display tab, there's an option called Enable ClearType Fonts. Check or uncheck that and see if it has any effect.

The only other option is to modify the layout file to give the time display a little more room...
Old 10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Oh Well

That didn't work. Any ideas on how I can change the layout?

(By the way anyone else notice how slow this forum is?)

Last edited by cmajewsk; 10-16-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Oh Well

That didn't work. Any ideas on how I can change the layout?

(By the way anyone else notice how slow this forum is?)
Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
The only other option is to modify the layout file to give the time display a little more room...
Any idea on how to do modify the layout file?? The ClearType idea you had (good idea by the way) didn't resolve it.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Any idea on how to do modify the layout file?? The ClearType idea you had (good idea by the way) didn't resolve it.
PM me the file and I'll have a look at it for you...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

This is rough...

Wish I could - every time I go to PM you I get the dreaded:

500 Internal Server Error

What's funny is, when trying to tell the admin on this forum about this issue as it states to do, is I am getting the following bounce:

<webmaster@forum.ppcgeeks.com>: host forum.ppcgeeks.com[208.113.162.16] said:
554 <webmaster@forum.ppcgeeks.com>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT
TO command)

Is there another forum I can reach you at because this is ridiculous?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I've attached the layout that I have on file. Try it and see if it resolves the problem...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Malatesta popup combo_2.zip (510 Bytes, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Oops...

Sorry I just noticed this. I figured out how to change the layout file and changed the font size to to 9.5pt which makes it fit. But using your layout works great! Thanks and sorry for the very late response!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work
i noticed this too I opened the theme in note pad and moved it over some
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes