Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 AM
adz1966
PPCGeeks Regular

adz1966 is keeping up the good workadz1966 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to adz1966 Send a message via Skype™ to adz1966
Re: Official Palm Pre User Review Thread

Okay, I had a Diamond and got a Pre under some duress. I love my Diamond but Wifey got a Pre and got me one so she could adjust her learning curve, if you know what I mean...( I figure stuff out and tell her rather than her figuring it out for herself!!)
First off: I love the Pre. Great UI, nice form factor, unbelievable screen. That said, let me tell you why my Diamond will be re-activated tomorrow.
- Limited Apps
I need my Flash, SlingPlayer, MobiReader, games, etc. I know it's too early to ask for every app, but with the SDK delay, who knows when I will see any progress. I love that Palm is releasing updates already, but what good is an update if I can't run the apps I want and need?
-Tethering
I don't want to have to "root" my Pre for tethering, especially if it's only BT. Sprint is stupid for not including this out of the box but who am I to complain? Tethering is very important to me and to not have it is a huge minus for the Pre.
-'Classic' sucks
Classic is the app that lets you run Palm apps on WebOS allegedly. Not on my Pre!! Nothing works 100%. Granted, it's a new OS and there are going to be problems but no sound? No ebook reader? How simple is an ebook reader? If Classic worked well (if it worked with SlingPlayer, MobiReader, SkyFire, and half of the games I already bought for Palm) then I would be okay with buying it for the outrageous $30 they're asking for it. But when I get a BSOD on PAlm apps I'm trying to run.... No way!!
Like I said the Pre is a beautiful device and I really do like it. But unless/until they get some working apps for it, my Diamond is forever!!
Hope my rant helps some people out and if you agree, tell me so I know I'm not crazy!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.