Old 05-31-2009, 04:58 PM
jkambeitz
Lurker

jkambeitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon GPS not working anymore

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/newreply.p...ote=1&p=939180

KCDale99 Posted this, couple weeks ago, it still works people.!!!!!!!!........

I justreceived a new XV6900 in the mail today when mine suffered a hardwarefailure of some sort. The new phone came with the newest ROM whichincludes the 3.37.78 radio. Of course I turn on the phone, and updatesrun. This disabled the GPS even after loading a custom ROM. the aGPSfix would not work, and gps Viewer couldn't even find one satellite.

Ifigured this was just like an old, 'let the customizations run'problem. So I followed the steps found here with one exception:

<!-- m -->http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?titl ... ERIZON_GPS<!-- m -->

Onstep 4, I ran the RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.78_ShipOff icial ROM from Verizon. I did NOT let customizations run. I thenloaded my custom ROM. This puts me on the official Verizon radio.

After that, the aGPS fix worked like a charm and GPS is working.

Iknow this is a rehash of other issuew, but I wanted to let everyoneknow that the newest phones shipping are disabling GPS all together.

THIS STILL WORKS PEOPLE!!!!!!! been at this for a week now with absolutely no luck until now this guy has it.................. 5-31-09

I used NFSFAN's custom ROM WM6.5v8 for my custom rom.

the only other thing i had to do is when i was done installing ROM's my phone would not authenticate on Verizon network, so instead of calling them i use the online MY Verison to activate my phone to a old Verizon i760 then re-activated my xv6900 online ordered (verizon) a week ago !!! I have tried every fix, etc... until this combo... except i never went to the leaked verizon radio been to the bell, us cellular, alltel, verzon, etc... and back again..... now it works...... with the fix this guy posted......QPST ip info fom the fix page, links all seem to work!

Again********THIS STILL WORKS PEOPLE

XV6900 CAME STOCK ABOUT A WEEK AGO!!!