View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 12:22 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [May 12] JUICY 7 - Build 090512H (21222.5.0.1) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
did a test but data stays connected, got email and data stayed connected for six hours until i turned it off, is there something i am mussing about the it, it was not idle it was still doing something to stay connected
The arrows will always show as connected in 6.5 - there are no icons for idle... yet anyway.

I'm having my own set of issues. About 30% of the time, if I get a text message in standby, the phone will just lock up. It wakes from standby, the ring flashes, but it never shows that it has a text, nor plays the sound, and it locks up there. If I tap the screen, the light gets brighter like it normally would but it doesn't respond otherwise. If I let it turn itself off, nothing will wake it. When it does this, it chews through the battery and gets very hot. Only solution is a soft reset.

A few days ago at work, it was sitting on the desk and woke from standby, I figured I was going to get a text so I picked it up and wifi had turned itself on, but didn't autoconnect. I thought that was strange and went to turn it off and it wouldn't turn off. It said off in comm manager, but on in wifi settings. The icon wouldn't go away. I soft reset and it was off, finally.

But apart from the frequent freezing, battery life is awful. I woke up today and didn't want to get out of bed but wanted to check the weather... I have an Airave and no real coverage, so I went to connect to wifi, and fresh off a soft reset, it said wifi was on, but there is no icon for it. It will show my network, but won't connect to it. Can't turn it off, it just stays in the state it's in. I've soft reset a few times and it won't turn off, so now I need to hard reset.

Another issue, the power button won't put the phone into standby some of the time. I don't know what causes it, but the phone won't go into standby via the power button. When it's doing this, it won't -wake- from standby via the power button either. I'll have to slide it open to wake it. The power button still works, because if I hold the button, it will ask if I want to turn the phone off. A soft reset is usually my only cure for this, but I had to soft reset it 8 times in a row yesterday while at dinner to try to get it to work properly. It seems to become more frequent, just like the wifi issue.

Yes, I did hard reset when I reflashed.