View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Alias
Lurker
Threadstarter

Alias is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think alot of people may be confused here.

All my findings alow is to flash custom roms. No such custom roms exist yet, trying to flash another devices rom on your Treo will most defintly BRICK your device. Dead, paperweight, no turning back.

Currently the only ROM and Bootloader we have is the VZW 1.22 ROM, and bootloader. Thats the only thing available to flash. And even that is just an extended ROM update. So if your wanting to bypass Sprint's Data provisioning like myself, then send me a PM and I will walk you thru it.

All this does is open up the possibility for someone to create a Custom ROM. Currently I am looking into cooking a Custom ROM for Cricket users/myself.

However I wouldn't hold my breath about custom ROMS on this device. It doesn't use the traditional extended ROM, all the apps are loaded into the NVRam, no extended NVRam exists. No software is installed into user memory on a hard reset. So its a little diferent than the Apache. So there are no users looking to make a lean ROM, which is the BIG reason you see custom roms for other devices.

[size=x-huge]PPCGeeks.com and I are not responsible for damages to your device. Your taking a risk doing this. [/size]

If anyone is interested in puting the VZW 1.22 ROM on your phone here are the steps nessacary. This may be useful to anyone who botched the rom update useing the windows installer.

1: Goto www.palm.com/support Download the Verizon update for the Treo 700WX.

2: Get WinRAR or another program that will extract the Executable file you just downloaded.

3: Once extracted, copy the file "DObootloader.exe" to your phone, and then run it. You can also open up the dialer and type: ##UPST# . Depending on your carrier, these codes may be diferent. Once in bootloader mode you will see a white screen with the version numbers at the top.

4: Plug your device into its charger. Plug in your device, Windows will install some drivers. You should see "HTC USB SYNC" under moviles devices in your control panel.

5: Open up a command prompt. XP users, Start then, run, then type "cmd". Vista users can just type "cmd" in the search field on the Start menu. I had trouble connecting with Vista, XP is your best bet here.

6: At the command prompt type: "C:\XXXXX\ruucmd.exe -asyncoff -t -v C:\Updater\bootloader.ruu" Replace the "XXXXX" with the directory that you extracted your files to. Its going to ask you to continue, hit enter. This is the no turning back point. If you hit enter, your in for the long hall.

7: Wait, patiently, wait some more. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE UNTIL IT IS DONE.

8: Once thats done reset your device. Repeat step number 3.

9: Now back to the command prompt, type: "C:\XXXXX\ruucmd.exe -asyncoff -asyncon -t -v C:\Updater\fwandrom.ruu" Once again replacing the XXXXX with the directory of your choosing.

10: Wait, get some coffee, drink it, go take a leak. This takes time, around 30 minutes. Be patient.

11: Once it is complete, hard reset your device. Hold the power key and press the reset button. Now set it down somewhere and don't touch it. My Treo took a good 20 minutes to boot back up after this step.

Thats it!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.