Old 01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
jdegroot
N00b

jdegroot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: 12/25/08 Verizon GPS Fix v2.0

I'm hoping someone can help me out of this jam:

I have a Sprint TP and have been using it on Verizon's Network for the last 2 months successfully. But the GPS never worked, or at least never worked well. A couple of days ago, I decided I had some time to sink into my phone so I started doing some work on it. I began by installing this GPS fix. Then, I almost immediately proceeded to flash a new ROM (GC's 1.2.0). The device was in great shape at the end of one long night. GPS working, EVDO working, very fast ROM. I was happy. When I woke up the next morning, I discovered that for some reason I was having a significant bug with tmail.exe. It would not allow me to open a message or begin a new message. So, I began to re-flash new roms on my once perfectly-function device and now it's a bit of a mess. Over the last 2 days I have been flashing between GC's Kitchen ROMs, SSK Kitchen Roms, Leaked Verizon stock ROMS, etc. I have also restored backups from SPB Backup. At one point in the process, I found that one of the re-flashes had cleared out all my Verizonizing EPST DMR settings and reset my MSL Key to the stock sprint one.. And now, I can connect to the ZVW network to make voice calls and SMS, but I cannot connect to data (1X or EVDO). Argh! Plus, to make things more complicated, I still need to resent my HA and AAA Shared Secret values before I will be able to get on 3G, so I'm set in CDMA Only to try to lock onto 1X and get an automatic DMU update. Needless to say, I feel like I'm just digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole.

As it stands right now, I just flashed back to Verizon Stock using the original leaked exe: RUU_Raphael_C_VZW_WWE_1.03.605.4_Opera2392_RS_6150 21_VZW_1.03.03V_1.46_51064_Ship.exe
I did *228 option 3. Even after that, I was still sitting in a sprint 1.47_003 PRI. I just ram the Bored Fix and PPST and now I'm running a 1.46_002 PRI and a 51143 PRL. Still, I cannot connect to data.

Please help get me back on track here! WHat should I try next? Whether it involves flashing new roms, changing QPST settings, updating PRLs, *228-ing, whatever, I just am not sure how to move forward.

And I'm trying to get ready in time to flash SSK1.2!

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I finally broke down and called Verizon. I didn't tell them I was on a Sprint Device, just that it was a Touch Pro. They were totally baffled by my ESN not showing up in the database, but still were willing to work on it with me and we fixed it. They had to give me a new Authentication Key (A-KEY in EPST) and then I had to set EPST Modem Setting to CDMA Only Mode so that I could connect to 1X and automatically download new HA and AAA Shared Secret values. Then, I entered in my #777 username and password and connected to 1X. I changed back to Automatic Modem Mode and soft reset, and I'm rocking and rolling with EVDO. I loaded the new PRL and I'm working 100% with Data and GPS. Woohoo!

Last edited by jdegroot; 01-23-2009 at 11:59 PM.