Lurker
Threadstarter

maverick351ci is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Uscc 6800 Gps, Custom Roms, Downgrading Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
What exactly are you planning to downgrade? It has been stated multiple times in several threads that it is not safe and a downgrade of the radio should not be attempted at this point. Really not sure why you need to downgrade anything.
Im planning on downgrading the phone back to near stock, i say near stock because there is no offical USCC rom

Yes i read that in several threads about it not being safe after i got stuck in the locked bootloader, but i did find a way out of it and now have a system set that i can go back to the stock radio just fine and back up!

i have done it to 5 of these just fine and never once had to have the phone replaced

downgrading is a good idea for the following reasons,
#1 in case of warrenty work
#2 in case USCC releases an offical rom with GPS enabled
#3 in case you want to go back to the stock settings taking out GPS and getting all the OE files and programs back
#4 to start over incase you let the sprint customizations run that change everything on your phone even how you access certain features like the ##000000 and so on. its easier to go back than it is to fix a ton of differences

and im sure there are other reasons that im not thinking of.

Im making this guide to hopefully help some USCC people with this phone since it took me a few solid days to track down the information and try out different things as well as some of my own and get them to work right the first time! and over the course of this i had to downgrade my phone several times to start over!

any other questions? because i feel like your making a statment that it cant be done when it can be done for i have done it. and im sure others have as well, its just not all assembled into and easy to use blueprint (guide)