View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Agentz919
PPCGeeks Regular

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

I have been getting a lot of PM's about how well I do with battery life on this ROM. I am going to explain what I do and give the cabs that I use to achieve this. This guide is not wrote that well but I have limited time and feel bad that I haven't had the chance to reply to all of the PM's I have been getting. Please don't drag me through the fire for how sloppy it is, I will go back and make it "pretty" as soon as I can.

Currently I am running the 8.25 Cookie 23XXX Rom with page pool set at 12. I can get 2 1/2 days of battery (first day i used phone hardcore and 2nd not as much) and I still had 58% battery life through half of the 3rd day. I have yet to see my phone drop below 38 MB of ram free and the reason it went to 38 was because I had opera open at the time. Closed opera and it went back to 50 something.

When I flash I do a task 29>Flash ROM>Clear Storage. After phone is up after Clear Storage I run Carrier Provisioning>Soft Reset> Then I take off all the tabs I dont use (People, internet, music, stocks, twitter, facebook, and call history) and remove all of the other clocks, quicklinks, and anything else on all of the home pages except for the main home page i use.

I turn off start up animation and sound. I change the back light to automatically adjust, dim after 30 sec, and turn off after 1 min if not used. I go to Settings>Personal>Phone and at the top tabs i go to CDMA Services>Click on Time Sync>Get Settings>Uncheck the box (this way active sync doesn't stay on all the time). I go to Start>Internet>Data Controller>Menu>Configure connection timeouts>Change it to 30 seconds>Done. I ALWAYS soft reset when my phone asks me so if i missed telling you to soft reset i am sorry.

After all of that is finished (i know its a hot mess, i dont use any backup programs because i think it causes problems since the ROM directories are often changed in the new ROM (I think?))

I install these cabs:

01_Battery Monitor
03_Maxx134_BatterySaving_ReducePollingIntervals
04_shaolin BatterySaver
06_Ninja Duck Disable DRV - TVOUT
NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh (FOR SPRINT ONLY)
Sprint Keyboard Fix (AGAIN FOR SPRINT ONLY)
cleanRAM
07_nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab
(I did not make any of these cabs, i am very thankful for whoever made them but I am taking no credit for the making of them)

I install all of these directly to the device memory. When nueBattery is done installing I soft reset. When it comes back up I go run nueBattery and check the 1% (to fix it so it will display 1% again, kinda like a double negative lol) and i enable fast charge. I open cleanRAM and schedule it to run every 3 hours every day of the week.

I do not use bluetooth for anything and it is possible that some of the above cabs will break bluetooth along with other things. I do not use a lot of the tabs because I find it easier to get on facebook and what not using opera bookmarks. I clear my text messages out every few days because I dont see any point in allowing them to bog down my device. I do not use any of the GPS features because I have a tomtom for that. I have 1 email set up for work and it connects every 1 hour for that. I sync my contacts, calendar, tasks, and favorite bookmarks using myphone.

I will be editing this post and adding it on my Sig when I have more free time. I wrote this post in hopes that it would help some of you with your current battery or RAM problems. I still consider myself a noob when it comes to ROM's and cabs so it is easy for me to make mistakes due to lack of knowledge. Hope this helps at least one person, Thanks for reading my wall of text!

Some of the information I learned is from this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037 a big thank you to teradog!

Last edited by Agentz919; 08-31-2010 at 05:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.