View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 04:10 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo Tips, Tricks and anything I find useful. Will update. Updated 6/17/10

@Konfuzion
I think the Disable Boot sound may need another link. When partially rooted the steps from that xda link worked great, I did it a few times.
I've happily obtained full root and tonight flashed OMJ's latest. Those steps no longer worked for me. The OP date is 06-08-10 so this must've been a viable option all along.
What did work was this:
Use a different commandline and do: adb shell
Mount the system partition by doing: mount /system
Go into first folder: cd /system/media
rename the mp3 file: mv android_audio.mp3 android_audio.mp3.bak
Go into 2nd director: cd /system/customize/resource
Rename the mp3 file: mv SPC_animation_final.mp3 SPC_animation_final.mp3.bak
You're done! Reboot: reboot

Hope that helps.

The original source is here:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...tup-sound.html

but I edited the steps to start from #4 since I didnt need to be in Recovery, just plugged the phone in (charge only works).
Maybe work that info into the link some way?

EDIT:If you try this and get a "failed on 'android_audio.mp3' -Read-only file system" then type exit to get out of adb shell. Then start over but use

adb remount

first. You should get a "remount succeeded" confirmation.
Now proceed with the steps from adb shell and you should be golden.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-20-2010 at 01:49 AM.