View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2014/2015|GENERIC|XDA_UC|10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
i just got done trying to download version 13 on several different browsers and it will go to the dl link but when the countdown has completed it won't bring up the file for download. It just says that it timed out and it never seems to work for me. Could you possibly add a mirror or two for the file please? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
oh and that was for the ver 13 blck
i downloaded the V13 CHT rom first day,which is the rom version i prefer,on the day it was released and then also downloaded V13 BLK rom version both without a problem the same day.Is your computer set to time out,or could a setting maybe hav been changed or altered by accident.I know that sounds stupid but the only computer i have at the moment is an Acer Aspire One Netbook with Window XP Service Pack 3 with all updates and i swear that sometimes it alters its own settings,like last week all of a sudden i turn on the thing and all my screen setting are changed to %75.I went and changed it back to %100 and its been fine but every few months there is a new change or alteration i didnt remember making.The only difference in downloading i thought i noticed was that the free downloads now take 90 seconds where i thought before they started in 30 or 45 or 60 seconds or something less than 90. but it could have been the same 90 seconds before as well, but i thought it was less.It could also be the server could be down for the time being or maybe experiencing to much usage at the moment. I really dont know.Id try back in a cpl hours. Ive been using V13 CHT since the day it dropped and ive only ever had it freeze up on me once and i had to perform a soft re-set,but when that happend i had about 6-9 programs open and switchin back and forth between them occasionally,sending and recieving texts,and sending and recieving phone calls too.And the device didnt freeze up un til i was all finished workin and went to End All Programs in the mm task manager,but as soon as i hit hit the End All Processes the device froze up.but after a soft re-set everything was back to normal and runnin smoothly. and thats the only issue/problem ive experienced yet on the V13 CHT rom and thats also with 15 cabs installed.about 10 of the cabs are just simple visual customizations like T-Mobiles transparent flip clock,custom transparent metallic blue slider icons,Ruppy Super Arcade(& its a big cab at about 20mb,its the only cab i install to my sdcard),and HdSpeedo(good GPS based speedometer),no curtains 2.5 manilla,and others.and V13 handles the extra load extremely well and is still very stable and very fast.
I do hav a switch a cpl questions tho. After i do a soft reset or run CleanRam level 3 the GPS locator on my device turns back to "911 only" setting and i have to manually rest it back to the "On" setting before i can use my GPS.Now this isnt really a problem but if i want to use CleanRam level 3 its kind of an annoyance.Is there a way to add whatever that setting is to the exceptions list in CleanRam. like i used to do to set the older CleanRam versions settings to exlude manilla.exe so it would work with Sense 2.5.I dont know what to exclude in CleanRam,if anything will work,to make me not have to manually switch GPS back to the "On" setting after running level 3.If anyone kows how to do this please let me know.Is there a way to exclude the dialer,i think that might be when it shuts off.So now i run level 2 every hour because i really use my TP2 pretty hard sometimes and i like to use level 3 every 3 hours.It seems to work better for me that way. Sorry for straying off topic from the original post question.Just thought about a few things of my own.Thanks for any info,and again V13 is solid.Best rom so far and that says alot because all ur roms always seem to set the bar compared to any and all other roms and the only rom that even compares is a cpl Maxsense roms,but they still need some work i think before ill even consider a switch.It feels too much like SPB shell and WM and very little Android to me and doesnt seem to be worth the switch yet and havin to learn the the new ui.I still like CHT 1.8 with WM 6.5.X and a very clean,custimized look.Which is exaclty what ur roms are.So im gona stick with ur roms and maybe wen/if u cook up a Maxsense then ill giv it a shot.but until then im happy with what uve already got.Cant thank u enuf.Before i found ur rom i was kinda disapponted with my TP2,mainly because at first i wanted NRGs rom and its data just wouldnt function on Cricket like it did with my previous,all Sprint branded,HTC devices;Diamond,and 2 Touch Pro's.and i had different NRG roms on each one.but when i get my TP2 for myself for christmas all of a sudden none of NRGs TP2 roms had a workin data connection.No matter what i did.So thanks again.I actually prefer ur rom now over NRGs anyday,dont suppose u have any CDMA T.Pro roms u cooked.Id really like to get one of those to install on my Touch Pro,previous device,which still has a functioning EVDO data connection thru Cricket even tho its not activated.Use that one for GPS when driving and my data connection on my TP2 still works at the same time and at the same speed as usual wen i use my TP for free GPS.Its pretty nice havin free data on a disconnected device.One good thing about cricket i guess.