View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Riptide9
VIP Member

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 16| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihadi View Post
Hmmmm, actually it couldn't have been the disable HTC messaging cab that messed it up because the problem existed BEFORE running said cab. I ran the cab hoping it would fix the issue. I hope hard reset isnt my only option. I have just spent SO MUCH time customizing and configuring. I would rather shoot myself in the leg than have to start all over again
It has to be something that was installed... The sms works fine out of the box. If it didn't for you... then you might want to consider using Task29 before your next flash (Task29 attached) Video Demo

What does Task 29 do = It formats the partition drive of your device where the ROM resides.

Why use this = it is observed and several ROM cooks even advice to do this prior to flashing in the HD2 thread that it gives a thorough cleaning of the partition, removing any leftover junks thereby giving a fresh partition for the ROM to operate

Simple Step by Step:
  1. Connect to PC via Active Sync/WMDC.
  2. Execute Task 29.
  3. When phone boots to "Touch Pro 2" screen (or whatever your splash screen happens to be), I hold down the volume down button while hitting the reset button.
  4. Once I'm on the Bootloader screen, and it shows "USB", I flash the new ROM from the PC as I normally would.
  5. When the phone vibrates, indicating the ROM upgrade is complete, I disconnect the phone from the computer.
Also, if you flash alot... I mean who doesn't... You need to spend some time using something like Sashimi. It will install all your programs and settings for you after a flash. (see the link)

Here are some awesome video tutorials on Sashimi

Demonstration
01 Basics
02 Copying Files
03 Customizing Shortcuts

View these and spend some time and you won't ever care how many time or how often you want to flash a new rom.

BTW - Don't forget to use NRGZ Settings Exporter also
Attached Files
File Type: zip Task29.zip (452.9 KB, 169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab SASHIMI AutoInstaller RAW 8.0.cab (3.06 MB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
This post has been thanked 11 times.