View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM
zone23
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotravelcat View Post
In the absence of Calk to explaiin....I believe Calks .tsk uses the main .tsk as a framework so removing it leaves the standard stuff. (Please feel free anyone to correct me if I am wrong in any statements here)
I wanted to cook in a different background pic for the home, lockscreen, and startmenu screens without having to edit after the build and here is what I did to keep it simple. Using CFC I edited the 2 manila files in Calks .tsk ( EXT\Touch_Pro2\6.5.x\Packages\Tweaks - 6.5.x) to the pics I wanted, which edits the start screen and the lock screen and then I named my pic flamerise.png and copied the .PNG that I wanted for the home screen into the OEM\Touch_Pro2\Common\OEMMISC directory on top of hte current flamerise. It works like a charm. There are cleaner ways to do it but this is what I did.
Here is another way:

Open the .tsk in WinCE CAB Manager replace the stwater_480_800.jpg with whatever jpg you want (make sure you jpg is the right size). Then change the other stwater_800_480. jpg to whatever you want and name it say zone_blue.tsk. Next I create a folder called "Theme - Zone Blue" it could be called anything. This file would go in your EXT folder and of course set as true. Inside i I have a bunch of PNG, manila, and BMP files that change around the graphics. I placed a manila.txt file in the folder with "TSK: \Windows\zone_blue.tsk" as the contents. Place the zone_blue.tsk in the folder and thats it when I flash I get the images a backgrounds. I can also change the tsk around anyway I choose.

I bet that's clear as mud. Also be sure to back up the original .tsk because it is easy to break.

As far as calk tweaks.cab I took a loot at it and it didn't change a hole lot. I removed all of that stuff from the kitchen. You can do it once you get the theme squared away.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 04-28-2010 at 01:50 PM.