View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:04 AM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [11-12-09] Android for CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800 and Diamond) Ported!!!

Edit: For the latest files for RAPH800, DIAM500, and RAPH500, check the Android on HTC Wave.

There's a working package at Connect-UTB now.

Install all those files to the root of the SD card (or Internal Storage) (the files can't be in a subfolder, or it won't work). Follow the instructions there, and it should boot. I had no luck getting wifi to start with this setup.

I also built a new kernel, following the lead of bertramt at Connect-UTB, disabling RFKILL and smd_7500 in the latest sources from the linux-msm repository at Gitorious. This is the repo that feeds the automated builds... but without the crude hack of just turning off the problematic pieces, those autobuilds keep crashing on our systems.

With this new zImage, I have gotten wifi to turn on and to scan and see routers... but still hasn't connected. Hey, it's not much, but it's progress. Bluetooth does nothing for me. And, apparently, as long as smd_7500 is disabled, data has no hope of working. (Unfortunately, when smd_7500 is enabled, the phone won't boot at all.)

I'm attaching the kernel I built, and a startup.txt that is known working on my raph800. It's also got jimk16's tweak to change the resolution, which makes it look and feel more usable. Install the connect-UTB build from above to the root of your SD card/internal storage, then replace its zImage and startup.txt with these.

Let's be clear -- it's still absolutely useless. But maybe a little more promising.
Attached Files
File Type: zip zImage-RAPH800-2009-11-22.zip (1.43 MB, 467 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt startup.txt (325 Bytes, 411 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by makkonen; 12-16-2009 at 01:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.