View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Volholler
Lurker

Volholler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I went to Sprint yesterday - spent two hours there. The regional manager happened to be in the store that day. I broght in my brand new - no new apps - out of the box Touch in for the same reasons indicated here. Phone goes to sleep and I miss calls, TM, emails, alarms, you name it. My phone is 3 days old with full battery.

As ususal, nobody knew anything about this recurring problem, including the Tech guy. I told him that it was systemic and that some people are getting phones that work and some that don't. I asked them to switch my 3 day old phone that I bought from Sprint.com. The Reg. Mgr. had just gotten off a conference call re: this exact issue. He was told specifically that there will be an update for this phone in the first qtr of '08 and we was NOT TO DO ANY EXCHANGES FOR THIS PHONE WHEN THE DIAGNOSIS INVOLVES THE PHONE NOT WAKING UP FROM STAND BY MODE!!! I asked him what he would do if it was "something else". He said he would do the exchange then. He even went so far as to say that had he not been on the call just an hour prior, he would have done the exchange no problem. He said to take it up with Sprint.com. I did and they're sending out a Brand New phone today. When I got home last night there was one of those add mailers in my mailbox with a huge two page spread promoting the Touch from HTC. Bottomline, Sprint is knowingly promoting a phone that's clearly not ready for prime time. C'est la vie.