emarketingdept
N00b
Threadstarter

emarketingdept is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just got this back from Sprint:

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

The information we have is consistent with what HTC told you. HTC designs all of it's phones to stop waking for alerts once the battery has dropped below a certain point unless you manually power the device back on. I personally own a HTC Mogul and it operates the same way.

To our knowledge, this is intentional on HTC's part to conserve power and help prevent memory loss as a result of the battery runing out.

This is not a part of the phone's design that Sprint has control over. If this is a malfunction, HTC would need to release a software update to correct it. The first scheduled software update for the Touch is in late January 2008, though we don't yet know what issues that update will address.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Robert H.
E-Care
Sprint
"Where our customers come first!"

----------

I also spoke to a Sprint Tech who said only one person has called regarding this issue.... The only way we could even possibly get this resolved is if many of us contact Sprint and tell them that this needs to be fixed.... So in a nutshell once your phone is under 30% battery it's useless and expect to miss your calls... Isn't that wonderful!!