View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 PM
SKS06460
PPCGeeks Regular

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio Spring Clip Case.....Don't Get Your Knickers In A Knot

I have to make a sarcastic statement, because I've already been flamed for teasing someone by not making the title of a thread sufficiently clear.

The official ETA of a Seidio Spring Clip Holster is................Unknown. I really like these holsters, so I decided to take matters in my own hands.

I looked up several phones and found that the Mogul dimensions were pretty close in width and depth, but the length was too short. I purchased a Mogul holster and modified it by lengthening the straight portion between the two clips.

Briefly, I cut the back and lengthened it using a sandwich of ABS epoxy between thin plastic sheets. I then painted the whole assembly with flat black paint, and covered the inside with some sticky back felt.

Surgery took about 3 man hours stretched over an evening and a morning. Fabrication was about 50 minutes including time for the glue to set. Sanding, filling, sanding again and filling again took about 90 minutes, building the plastic up like spackle, to get a decent finish. Finally painting and clean up. The total cost was about $30, what you'd pay for a Seido case. I bought the Mogul case on e-bay for ~$26. Glue and sticky back felt were another ~$4. I salvaged the packaging material from the Mogul holster for the thin plastic sheets.

It was a labor of love. In the fullness of time, Seidio will come out with a proper case.

Submitted then, for your approval, is tonight's exciting adventure of DREMELMAN.
This post has been thanked 4 times.