IGGUS
PPCGeeks Regular

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS Lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegend View Post
i haven't seen too much lag yet (only had it for about 24 hours now), but one thing I definitely noticed was the accuracy of my location in Google Maps. On my unlocked, custom ROM TP, it would show me how many satellites I was connected to, but not with the stock TP2 and new Google Maps. It says my location within "900 yards" which in my neighborhood is like 5 blocks away.
FIX IS HERE -

Sounds like you're only working w/ 'AGPS', so not true GPS.
First in Google Maps do you have the option checked to 'Use GPS'?

I had the same issues at first, then I followed the instructions and ran the apps as in this post -
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=598

Make sure you install the SDKcerts CAB first, then restart the phone. Then install Quick GPS. This will restart for you a second time now. Then connect to the internet via browser or whatever, then run QuickGPS and 'Download' the latest satellite info. When I didn't connect to the net first, QuickGPS failed to download the updates.

Now run Google Maps, should be almost instantaneous. If not, uncheck the Use GPS and then recheck it. My TomTom does like to take a bit to sync up, but when I go to the Settings>GPS Config area then it finds the satellites real quick.
This post has been thanked 3 times.