PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 06:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sch-i910
Carrier: verizon

geruduk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[SOLVED]Data connection setting in SCH-i770 saga

DEL POST

Last edited by geruduk; 02-28-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Data connection setting in SCH-i770 saga

I can tell you it can be done. But not with QPST You will need a licensed copy of CDMA work shop. Sorry I won't link but google is a good start, the trial version and cracked copies won't cut it.
You will need to send a correct password,rewrite some NV files, make the changes in the EVDO tab, Save all the setting then reset the phone. Then you should have the 3g/EVDO symbol and then you will then need to make some changes on the phone, mainly in the registry and the data connections.

But that's a start for you.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

geruduk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
I can tell you it can be done. But not with QPST You will need a licensed copy of CDMA work shop. Sorry I won't link but google is a good start, the trial version and cracked copies won't cut it.
You will need to send a correct password,rewrite some NV files, make the changes in the EVDO tab, Save all the setting then reset the phone. Then you should have the 3g/EVDO symbol and then you will then need to make some changes on the phone, mainly in the registry and the data connections.

But that's a start for you.
can you tell more specific step by step? i try edit the QCN file with hex editor, all string that contain vzw3g.com i already moved. but still not working. it seems after phone reset the value back to MIN@vzw3g.com.
about CDMA workshop i must buy it? can it be done with cracked version?
i think i begain frustrated with this phone. so please help me.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geruduk View Post
can you tell more specific step by step? i try edit the QCN file with hex editor, all string that contain vzw3g.com i already moved. but still not working. it seems after phone reset the value back to MIN@vzw3g.com.
about CDMA workshop i must buy it? can it be done with cracked version?
i think i begain frustrated with this phone. so please help me.
I don't have a Saga to work with, so I'm going by memory. It's been over a yr since I even saw one.
Discussion of cracked software is against forum rules so I can't respond to that question.
Editing the QCN is pointless because it won't write correctly. Now the reason it reverts is because there is a file in the windows directory, in HTC it's named HTC Guardian. Can't remember the name on the Saga but when you find it you will rename it as backup or something similar and creat a new blank file with the correct name.
Now to get the NV's to stick, you will need to write them. Most phones are pretty universal as to the addresses to write and if you found those in the QCN file those are the addresses for CDMA WS you mayneed to read 2 address before and after to get the address you need to edit.
Then in the EVDO tab you will verify the correct info and enter in any required passwords.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

geruduk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Now to get the NV's to stick, you will need to write them. Most phones are pretty universal as to the addresses to write and if you found those in the QCN file those are the addresses for CDMA WS you mayneed to read 2 address before and after to get the address you need to edit.
Then in the EVDO tab you will verify the correct info and enter in any required passwords.
can you explain what you write above?
what do you mean with 2 address before and after, because i ussualy edit qcn file using hex editor.
so i will explain my step, first i read qcn file from phone. opened in notepad, and hex editor. and then find the sting that contain @vzw3g.com, and edit with hex editor. after all string replaced. i save qcn file, and write to phone. but after reset the username and password back to vzw3g.com. what do you think about my step, is there something that i missing?

about cdmaworkshop, can it solved my problem? because if it can, i will buy it.

thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

geruduk is a n00b
Re: [SOLVED]Data connection setting in SCH-i770 saga

It's Solved....
thanks. see post#1
Old 02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung saga
Carrier: Cricket

peedar is a n00b

Hi would some one please give a step by step on how to do this. If by using qxdm or any other program, please explain. Thank you.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung saga i770

dwalker is a n00b

I need help with my connections for my samsung saga i770. My saga is saying that there is no data sessions active and i cnt even connect to the wifi or the internet. This happened after my phone was resetted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga