PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga SCHi770
Carrier: verizon

djaap30 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
low battery....then a brick

Hi Everyone,
I'm having a very annoying issue on my samsung saga. Last night wm notified me that my battery was low and needed to be charged. I immediatly put it on charge. The phone charged just fine. The phone was working fine this morning, but i noticed that it was not recognizing my sd card, so i turned the phone off and back on again. When it came back on, it's like the OS is corrupt now because it literally takes like 10 minutes to do anything on it. IE: Click on the start button...it takes atleast 3 minutes just to open the start menu.

this has happend about 3 times to me with this phone. I have bought the bigger battery in hopes that would solve my issue. no luck, obviously. Each time it happens, the only way to resolve is to reset the phone back to the factory defaults. I really don't want to do that though because i have some stuff on my pocket pc that has not yet been sync'd to my pc....i can't get active sync to work...
has anyone else experienced this issue?
Any other work arounds so that i don't have to wipe my device?
What could be causing this?
thanks in advance...
Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Saga
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

theartofruin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: low battery....then a brick

This happened to me too. After I lost my Touch Pro I got a Saga my father gave me. All I did was hard reset the phone. Hold the center button and press the reset button with the stylus(and continue to hold the center button). When it says to format press the send call button. After I did that, the phones been working just fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga