PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

valetudo025 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
windows 7 and omnia trouble

I did a quick searched and really didn't find anything helpful for my problem.
I just upgraded all my computers to windows 7 and i love it! but i just recently noticed that when i plug my phone into my computer windows seven cant recognize it. windows attempts to load drivers when i plug it in but fails to find them and the install fails. When i start WMDC manually it doesn't see it.

i thought maybe because the OS is new that may be the problem, but we are talking about a windows phone to a Windows OS...kinda silly they cant talk to each other.

my phone is running a custom ROM, its windows 6.5 with HTC touchFLO cooked by Adrynalyne.

PS i'am also using a new OEM USB cable i got from ebay beacuse i lost my original...don't think that matters but you never know. thanks for anyone that can help!

Scott.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i910

jcurley is becoming a great contributor
Re: windows 7 and omnia trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudo025 View Post
I did a quick searched and really didn't find anything helpful for my problem.
I just upgraded all my computers to windows 7 and i love it! but i just recently noticed that when i plug my phone into my computer windows seven cant recognize it. windows attempts to load drivers when i plug it in but fails to find them and the install fails. When i start WMDC manually it doesn't see it.

i thought maybe because the OS is new that may be the problem, but we are talking about a windows phone to a Windows OS...kinda silly they cant talk to each other.

my phone is running a custom ROM, its windows 6.5 with HTC touchFLO cooked by Adrynalyne.

PS i'am also using a new OEM USB cable i got from ebay beacuse i lost my original...don't think that matters but you never know. thanks for anyone that can help!

Scott.
Did you try to re-install from your disc that came with your Omnia? Install the drivers and active sync?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

valetudo025 is a n00b

ummm nope...now i feel like a real newb! hmmm now to find that disc. i will update to see if this works. thanks again!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

valetudo025 is a n00b

tried the disk, but i keep getting error (code 43)
anyone using there omnia 910 with windows 7 and active sync? did you have any problems?

thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

You don't want to use ActiveSync with Windows 7, use the WMDC. I have no trouble with my Omnia and 7; in both 7 Enterprise and 7 Home Premium (upgraded from Vista), all I had to do was plug the phone in, and it would detect it then download and install the Device Center.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

valetudo025 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous9200 View Post
You don't want to use ActiveSync with Windows 7, use the WMDC. I have no trouble with my Omnia and 7; in both 7 Enterprise and 7 Home Premium (upgraded from Vista), all I had to do was plug the phone in, and it would detect it then download and install the Device Center.
yea thats what i did with vista and all worked well, and i meant WMDC. but for some odd reason my phone is not playing nice.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

valetudo025 is a n00b

is there any settings in my phone that could possibly be the culprit ?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia II & Omnia I910
Carrier: Verizon

risan is a n00b

I posted a message about this and never got a response. I can not get the driver to install when it is connected via usb. But I was able to get it to sync with outlooks contacts using bluetooth connection on my laptop. So far that is the only way it works for me. I have Windows 7 Ultimate edition 32.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

CPTBeaker is just getting started

Try turning off UAC, then try. If that does not work, turn off your firewall software (including the Windows firewall), then try.

I had a similar problem with Vista a while back and tried everything. I could not get get Vista to detect my phone after a ROM upgrade. Just by accident I turned off Windows firewall and it picked up my phone and installed the driver automatically. After that, I turned on my firewall and everything was fine from then on.

I upgraded to Windows 7 and luckly didn't have any issue. Hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

valetudo025 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTBeaker View Post
Try turning off UAC, then try. If that does not work, turn off your firewall software (including the Windows firewall), then try.

I had a similar problem with Vista a while back and tried everything. I could not get get Vista to detect my phone after a ROM upgrade. Just by accident I turned off Windows firewall and it picked up my phone and installed the driver automatically. After that, I turned on my firewall and everything was fine from then on.

I upgraded to Windows 7 and luckly didn't have any issue. Hope this helps.
this kinda worked...it installed the drivers in both my laptop and desktop, but will only sync when it wants to...i think its mt phone acting strange or this new cable....my laptop also tell me i should you a USB port that is 2.0 for faster transfer....pretty sure there all 2.0 lol, its prob only 2yrs old. anyways thanks, im giving up for the night. and i decided my next phone is going to deff be a android device....had it with windows mobile.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia