PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titanium radar image issue

I'm having issues w/ Titanium radar image. I've downloaded the fix and I'm getting updates for my local area, but when I attempt to get a radar image, I get an error stating "Unable to download file. The server might be experiencing difficulties or URL might be invalid. I've tried finding the URL for this but can't find anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 04:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work
Re: Titanium radar image issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I'm having issues w/ Titanium radar image. I've downloaded the fix and I'm getting updates for my local area, but when I attempt to get a radar image, I get an error stating "Unable to download file. The server might be experiencing difficulties or URL might be invalid. I've tried finding the URL for this but can't find anything. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
I was having a problem as well finding where to get a working url for my area. The answer was so simple i was surprised as to why the answer was so hard to find. First i synced my phone to my computer and opened MyMobiler ( its an ap that allows me to view my ppc screen on my home screen and interact with it). Then i went to www.accuweather.com and inputed my zip code. I went down to the radar part of my area and right clicked the radar and clicked properties. On the bottom you will find the url for that particular radar. I copied, then pasted (using mymobiler) in the required area for putting the urls for the radars. The reason i used "mymobiler" is because when i tried to type in the url's manually i kept getting it wrong i guess because i kept getting the same error you were getting. I figured you cant go wrong with copy and paste and it worked.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon

xPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxPosTech is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
I was having a problem as well finding where to get a working url for my area. The answer was so simple i was surprised as to why the answer was so hard to find. First i synced my phone to my computer and opened MyMobiler ( its an ap that allows me to view my ppc screen on my home screen and interact with it). Then i went to www.accuweather.com and inputed my zip code. I went down to the radar part of my area and right clicked the radar and clicked properties. On the bottom you will find the url for that particular radar. I copied, then pasted (using mymobiler) in the required area for putting the urls for the radars. The reason i used "mymobiler" is because when i tried to type in the url's manually i kept getting it wrong i guess because i kept getting the same error you were getting. I figured you cant go wrong with copy and paste and it worked.
The radar urls don't have to end with.jpg? I've been searching for days because I've seen references that you'll get the error unless the radar image is in jpg format.

Ted

Melancholia by Verizon SCH-i910
Adryn CF03 V2.0 8GB/16GB µSDHC
WM 6.5 Pro CE OS 5.2.23008 (23008.5.3.0)

Another Proud Member of FA. Time since last relapse: < One Day (at a Time).

If somebody helped you please click the button in the bottom right corner of their post.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPosTech View Post
The radar urls don't have to end with.jpg? I've been searching for days because I've seen references that you'll get the error unless the radar image is in jpg format.

Ted
They don't I have gif for mine. Works fine.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Xpos, check the forum on Adryn's 6.5 ROM, I posted in there last night when I didn't get responses here and there's a fix in there on what url's to use. I just put them in and they work great. I tried putting the info in that mjcole noted above and I still couldn't get it, although I didn't do the cut and paste as I'm at work. And Mjcole, thanks very much for the assistance!!!! It's greatly appreciated!!

Edit: Blazingwolf, are you using a url w/ .gif at the end or is that for some other sort of image?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just tried it again following the directions above from Mjcole and couldn't get the radar pic to come up w/ the gif extension. Found another one on accuweather w/ a .jpg extension and that works fine. Again thanks to everyone for all of your help, I was starting to lose it yesterday and last night!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is one I use.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo.../inmSIRVA_.gif
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'll have to try one w/ a .gif. Maybe the radar was too close as a lot of the cities were coming up but it appeared the background was just blank... maybe cloud cover!!! Thanks again!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

OK, I having the same problems and cant get it to work. I have been using the following link:
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/nx_mo...inmaSIRKS_.gif

And whenever I go to the radar section (at least I assume that is where I am at, I go left 1 from the default screen, and it is blank, so I press it and it comes up with "An erro occurred on sub_main_nextimage_click. Value does not fall within the expecte range. Continue?" And when I click Yes or No it comes up with a white screen with an X in the corner.

Any Ideas?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Check here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...dar#post989124
Post 3365

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia