PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Rom Dump/Creating Custom Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68318)

grondinm 05-12-2009 09:18 AM

Rom Dump/Creating Custom Rom

Hello everyone. i will be attempting to dump the rom from my telus i910 tonight using the rapi tools provided over at XDA forums. and the steps found in this post....i will be doing this will lots of coution as i don't want to brick my phone. The steps talk about i900 i'm assuming this would still work with the i910. any reaso why it should not. any chance of just the dump bricking my phone? i would love to see/make custom roms for us telus users.

also found another thread that i will be reading specifically about the i910.

Edit:
wow been doing some reading now(instead of working lol) and i'm a little confused. 2 parts ro the roms on these phones. if i just want the PDA part cause the telus omnia already has gps unlocked how do i know wich part is the PDA part?(lots more reading to do tonight i see...now back to work)

Adrynalyne 05-12-2009 10:12 AM

Re: Rom Dump/Creating Custom Rom

You can't really make a custom rom with a dump.

However, Ive been told that Telus users have issues just with the battery driver using the Verizon cooked roms.

So if you can get me the rom dump, I'll see if I can pull the battery driver out of it and insert it into my rom.

If you feel like tasking some risks in flashing it, of course.

grondinm 05-12-2009 10:18 AM

sure thing...will see if i have time and can get a good dump tonight...might take a few tries as i have not ever done it...but i'm sure i will manage...

Adrynalyne 05-12-2009 10:29 AM

No rush/ I dont even know how to extract the files from a dump. So if you run across that tidbit of info, let me know.

grondinm 05-12-2009 10:30 AM

ok i will be looking into that as well....i think linux maybe can be used for sure to access the files....but i will try a few things...might send you a zip with the extracted stuff instead of a raw img.

Adrynalyne 05-12-2009 10:31 AM

Sounds good :)

grondinm 05-12-2009 02:42 PM

here is something i just thought of...when i do a dump does it also dump ESN and stuff like that?...i would not think it does just my mind at work lol

Adrynalyne 05-12-2009 02:53 PM

I don't think so.

Maybe?

grondinm 05-13-2009 07:20 AM

so i got a dump. but i was not able to extract any of the files within it...plus it is broken up into 3 files(because of the only tutorial i found that worked) and i'm not even sure how i would go about flashing this on my phone. it ended up 2 files of about 2mb and 1 144mb file. i know the bulk of the info is in the last file but could not find anything explaining what was in the other 2. i will keep playing this week(probably more weekend) and see what i can come up with. i can get the image to mount in linux but it sees nothing in it. i have a feeling that either the file is encrypted or that it uses a FS not recognizable to anything but a smartphone/pda. gotta be someway the info is all theire.....

Adrynalyne 05-13-2009 10:03 AM

What file format are they?