PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

grondinm is keeping up the good workgrondinm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom Dump/Creating Custom Rom

well when i dumped i just called .img but i could have used anything else as the extension....as for the actual format of the data inside this file i'm not sure.

Like my work or have i helped you in anyway? Why not Buy me a drink.

Feel like getting bitten and help me out click here

http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/35944.JPG

"We did nothing to stop the murdering of people just like us" -Rise Against
Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Well, if you can upload it, I will see if I can extract it.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok...i actually found a couple of tools(tool called dumprom over at xda not sure if it's for same purpose)/tutorials i want to try first...i will try to get to it tonight or sometime this week.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 AM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Sounds good.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Touch Pro 2

remsad is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by grondinm View Post
ok...i actually found a couple of tools(tool called dumprom over at xda not sure if it's for same purpose)/tutorials i want to try first...i will try to get to it tonight or sometime this week.

Let me know if you have something good out for it. I have the official Telus rom but I can'T extract anything form that, I can only flash the phone to stock rom.

I'm very unhappy with that
Old 05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

so i was able to dump the data from one of the files i dumped from my phone. i know it's the phone part cause it has all the winmo stuff. but i can't get it into a flashable format. i'm uploading what i have now will post links soon. what tools can i use to make this flashable? i used itsutils to dump and the imgfs set of tools to extract the data. when i try to make it into something flashable i get:Maximum ROM size (0x8000000) reached, aborting!

link
http://cid-d99ce68a0eb69aab.skydrive...owse.aspx/Roms

Last edited by grondinm; 05-16-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
The Pusher

Is this the extracted data? I just need drivers.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yhea this is simply the data extracted from the part02 that i dumped.i don't know wich files are the drivers but they should be theire.

man this is going to drive me crazy tho i can't get it back to a flashable format now...if i try to use imgfsfromcump i get this error Maximum ROM size (0x8000000) reached, aborting! what am i doing wrong....i used this method to get my dump http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-g...-instructions/

so i have the 3 files and i extracted the data from part02(wich should be the os) the other 2 parts wont dump(i'm probably just using wrong tools as i think one of them is XIP not that i know that much as of right now) anyways anyone have any idea how to take this part02 file and get it to a flashable format?

Last edited by grondinm; 05-16-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
The Pusher

As I understand, its a pretty difiicult feat (if not impossible) to flash a rom dump back onto a phone.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 AM
The Pusher

I made a rom using the Telus battery driver and provisioning.

I make no promises on how it works. So its at your own risk. Its a modification of my 1.3 rom.

Password is ppcgeeks

http://www.4shared.com/file/10587017...1_3_Fixed.html
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia