PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

txter is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help me please, did i brick it?

so the other day my phone crashed or something. it was the stock rom. it all of a sudden didnt work. i soft reset and the log in screen came up asking for a domain name..(which is my phone number@vzw3g.com) and under it was a field for the password. well the after this screen came up the phone would freeze. couldnt pull up the key board... couldnt do anything besides power cycle over and over again. called vzw and they called samsung. samsung said i would have to reload the os. well, i said if i have to flash im going to upgrade.
so here it is.... i followd the post on flashing to the cc20. when i get to the "hit detect" part in the UMDL i get a pop up that says the "checksum doesnt match!!!" i went to move the cursor to cancel the flash but the touch pad mouse it ok and it proceded. all goes well (i think). here is my log for the download.

Device name:5&3a3babbd&0&2
EBoot version=01.71
Start downloading...
PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...
PDA-Downloading EBOOT...
PDA-Writing image..
PDA-EBOOT update finished.
Device name:5&3a3babbd&0&2
EBoot version=01.71
Start downloading...
PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...
PDA-Downloading EBOOT...
PDA-Writing image..
PDA-EBOOT update finished.
PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..
PDA-Writing image..
PDA-Writing image finished...
PHONE-Device does not support DPRAM Download

well now my phone screen says "phone downloas mode....do not disconnect..."
i tried to reflash. the samething came up the second time. i said wtf and tried one more time. this time it said it "job done. launched" the phone tried to restart and it sat at the samsung omnia screen for ever. about 30 mins. i felt i had to choice but to unplug and power cycle. i tried to flash one more time and back to first set of logs.
sssoooooo......... do i now own a brick?

btw... vzw said they would swap it out in the first place because its still under warrenty. so i guess im not completely SOL but i would have to have it over nighted. and being that its July 3rd... this is going to be the worst weekend ever. no phone numbers and no phone to call the numbers i cant get....
Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: help me please, did i brick it?

try hard reseting it????????????
Old 07-03-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cant reset. i tried holding the send and end keys while turning it on... nothing. i have had to reset that way before so i know how. all it does is go right to the samsung omnia boot up screen.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Pull the battery so it shuts down. Try a reflash of the CC20 ROM.

If that doesn't take then it is time for a new phone.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
you tried going to start/settings/system/hard reset...?
That would work if the phone would boot.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
That would work if the phone would boot.
duh...my bad...
Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ok... i fixed it. i cant beleive what i over looked. i had the cc20.img but nothing else. i went and got Adyl 6.5 vanilla rom. when i opened up UMDL i clicked the .img to upload i never went and got a .bin file to put in the PDA feild at the top. once i did that it was all gravy. must of read over that part. duh. it was my first flash.
well, now i would like to know if some of the programs i had on my stock omnia will work on this vanilla 6.5 rom. like TCPMP and fingerkeyboard2 if i want it, etc... thx
Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

yojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyojoe600 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

when u flash the img your are not suppose to have to put in PDA... that sounds fishy that you needed it
Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i know.. i read here a few hrs ago in a thread that i cant recall, someone flashed to a 6.5 rom with out flashing the cc20 first. so i went and got the vanilla 6.5 from the upgrade section here. (didnt think anything would happen thinkin i already bricked). i put the 6.5 in my computers documents. i opened up UMDL and clicked .img at the bottom. i then went to the top and clicked on PDA and changed that from the cc20.img to the vanilla 6.5.bin. i then hit detect and turned my phone on. on my phones screen were things i hadnt seen before. "erasing memory. writing data" then all was good. im shocked. im so happy i could sh**.

*jumps up and down*

all my storage is still their. i want to put TCPMP and Total Commander, Fingerkeyboard2 and some other programs back on. will the 6.5 allow programs that 6.1 does? i cant take messing this up anymore...

thx
Old 07-06-2009, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

All of the programs that you used with 6.1 will work with 6.5

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia