PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

pylesw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Problem receiving MMS messages

Anyone know how to fix the following issue? I've looked all over the web and haven't come across anything that fixes my problem.

I rarely receive MMS messages, and yesterday I received my first one since owning my Verizon Omnia SCH-i910. The unread indicator says there is 1 unread MMS mesage, and I got the notification popup when the message came in. When I attempt to read it, there's nothing in the Inbox, yet the unread count still reads 1. In troubleshooting the problem, I sent myself another MMS. Sending was successful, but again, receiving failed. The unread count is now 2, but there is nothing in the Inbox folder under MMS or Text messages.

I then went into the registry and found the unread values and reset them to zero. That fixes the unread count until I receive my first email. Then the unread MMS count reverted back to 2.

Lastly, I tried a hard reset, but not knowing what to exclude from the restore, I restored everything back again. Unread count again reads 2 for MMS.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

I don't want to just fix the unread count, but be able to receive MMS messages.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM Omnia & Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

Hoss is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Problem receiving MMS messages

That's a new one for me. I had another problem with MMS on VZ where the incoming messages were not coming to the phone so I called CS who reset my MMS account and all worked good. You may want to try having your account reset.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia