PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Lurker

dondidondi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Hacks / Tips / Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchH8er View Post
Hi Omni'ers. I've been fiddling with the screen touch sensitivity for the past couple of days and found one that suits me and thought I'd share.

(very sensitive):
HKLM/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH
click = 5120
downUp= 896

This change made the texting faster and strangely more accurate, my fingers just glide(and tap) over the letters. I had a much higher downup value but when trying to configure S2U2 the screen would slide up and down like crazy so I ended up with this.

Also: I diabled the Sammy Dialer (-10MB) which disabled the screen lock during a call and tested these settings out because of the increased sensitivity of the screen. Rarely did my ear push a random soft button (usually the Start Menu icon). All this was done after the GPS unlock firmware update.

Does anyone have a screen lock solution for the default dialer while on a call? Tried S2U2 but all it seems to do is make the screen blank (black) until it's woken up somehow.

None of this could have been done without you guys at PPCGeeks! Who needs an iPhone when they have a completely customizable Sammy Omnia!

The GPS unlock firmware mentioned above, Is that for the Verizon 910? If so where do I find it?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: VZW

Corey_Smith is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
It remapped your email button? That is unusual!! On mine The first icon is for email + MMS, the second is for SMS the third is call log + VM, and then the task manager/favorites. When I did the tweak, it didn't work for the first hour, and then all of a sudden started working. Now everytime I hit that second icon I get PocketCM.
Did I miss the files for the call log? I cannot seem to find them??? I must REALLY be blind.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: SUN

PhoebusXMD is a n00b

Is there a way to turn off led light while omnia is plugged to the pc using USB? I use it to sync and charge. Is there a registry tweak or way to like turn it off while charging? One thing also, is it possible to automatically enable keypad lock when answering a call and automatically unlock when someone is calling? TIA
Old 04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker

dextertan is a n00b

where do you guys get the free mobile shell ?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910 / Blaze 6.5
Carrier: Big Red

gruven98 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextertan View Post
where do you guys get the free mobile shell ?
no such thing as a "free" version of spb mobile shell. however, there's a trial version on their website.

you could get "creative" and search google.

if you don't want to put out the cash for it, then go with an alternative. there's plenty mentioned here.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

So I made this change, and now for some reason when i try to type in an Opera Window (like to update my Facebook status or something), it won't work. Any ideas? Anyone know the registry key to change it back, like a donkey I forgot to make a backup beforehand....stupid me.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz1138 View Post
So I made this change, and now for some reason when i try to type in an Opera Window (like to update my Facebook status or something), it won't work. Any ideas? Anyone know the registry key to change it back, like a donkey I forgot to make a backup beforehand....stupid me.
Which 'change' did you make?

Old 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910

tommygunn1999 is a n00b

First off I'd like to say theres so much good information in this thread! As a WM tweaker and a new i910 user, after this thread came up on 3 different google searches for tweaks, I figured it was time to give it a full read. But after 2 hours and several soft resets Im skipping to the end with a question.

Im using keyswop to make my left soft key a shortcut to resco expl, but everytime I get an email this changes to "notification". I have the sounds and notifications--> set to not put a msg on screen for email, but it still does. I have 5 email addys coming to my phone set to send/recieve every 15 mins so this gets quite annoying having to dismiss all those notification to get to my explorer shortcut. Im using the new firmware thats posted over on modaco, (which rocks! gps, disabled threading, ect. all working excellent!) wih the samsung online widget. I would be very happy if theres a reg edit to disable only the soft key email notification, and NOT the notification comes up from widget bar. Thanks guys -TG
Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Which 'change' did you make?
Sorry, forgot to quote the original message...I'm not having a good day. The change I made was to disable XT9 from the Samsung Keyboard. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia SCH-i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

FrenchH8er is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondidondi View Post
The GPS unlock firmware mentioned above, Is that for the Verizon 910? If so where do I find it?
Yes, it's for the Omnia i910 from Verizon.

You can find the GPS stuff here in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=gps&page=10

Its on Modoco and the theiDoctor link is helpful as well.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia