PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Without testing I am not sure if there is a definitive answer, but my initial thought is that I think there would be issues trying to activate/use it with VZW (could be wrong though).

Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
The omnia isn't a 3g phone. At least with verizon.
Huh? It does EVDO Rev A. Making it 3g. So, I'm a bit confused by this comment.
My bad! I guess that explains why the battery dies so fast while surfing.

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC droid incredible

[killkrazie] is a n00b

hey all, i'm eric, i'm new here nice to meet y'all
i have been reading this very informative forum. i think i've read every omnia related post multiple times and have learned much! so thank you for that. i've gotten my phone to do some very cool things thanks to you guys. now i actually do have a question, i hope someone is able to help...

for some reason when i get sms/mms my screen wakes up when/if it feels like it, only my sms/mms ringtones don't play and i don't get vibration. all other sounds and vibrations seem to work fine. i've hard reset many times trying to fix/narrow down the cause. i used the reg edit to get the today2 menu (i prefer over the other) i added wake on sms and my own ringtones (tried as .wav & .mp3) seems to be when i make today2 available this starts to happen.....any ideas? need more info?

so far this phone is freakin awesome other than this small issue. if no one has a fix, anyone know a similar menu i can use that won't cause it? a free one preferred (yes i'm a cheepskate lol)

thank you in advance
Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I use OS Remind Me for my SMS reminder. It is free, small and pretty basic, but does the job.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...d-me-v1-0.html
Attached Files
File Type: cab _OS Remind Me v1.2.cab (570.9 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker

[killkrazie] is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I use OS Remind Me for my SMS reminder. It is free, small and pretty basic, but does the job.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...d-me-v1-0.html

thx but that's not the issue. example: with all sounds turned up, phone locked, and screen off...i will receive a txt or pic message, even with wake on sms no alert tone will sound and phone will not vibrate. sometimes the screen will wake up. in sound settings a tone is selected and vibrate is turned on but i get nothing. incoming call will play tone and vibrate just not sms/mms...
Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 AM
VIP Member

Are you using a lock app? If you don't have too many, maybe listing the 3rd party apps you have installed along with the ROM your currently using, maybe someone has seen this behavior, or we may see an app that may be causing this.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i900
Carrier: Kpn

cornelisjuh is a n00b

Hi all, i hope you can answer my question. I did get an new mobile today, the samsung omnia (NOT i910 but the i900) Now i want to personalize it. How can i install shells/themes and where can i find some good apps for the i900. Thank you all.
(I have windows mobile 6.1 and the only thing i now about windows mobile is that installers are in .cab format XD so please answer in noob langue)
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelisjuh View Post
Hi all, i hope you can answer my question. I did get an new mobile today, the samsung omnia (NOT i910 but the i900) Now i want to personalize it. How can i install shells/themes and where can i find some good apps for the i900. Thank you all.
(I have windows mobile 6.1 and the only thing i now about windows mobile is that installers are in .cab format XD so please answer in noob langue)
Best thing I can say is to go to the screenshot thread and see what others have done:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51507

and you can get a LOT of great free apps or suggestions of cool pay apps in the software forum:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

The thing to remember is you shouldn't have any problems with apps for your i900, but don't use the ROMs made for the i910, it will brick your phone. If you want to get into flashing ROMs, your better looking over in Modeco:
http://www.modaco.com/category/368/i...om-discussion/

If you have any questions about specific apps, or how to get specific looks/functions, or just have an idea in your head your trying to get to but don't know what to use please feel free to ask, If there isn't a threadt for it post here or just PM someone you know, there are really outstanding members in here that would be more than happy to help you out (I don't put myself in the same category as a lot of the experts here, but I will answer whatever I can for you)!!

P.S. [killkrazie].....Have you flashed at all? If you have, do you use system backups (SPB Backup, RESCO....)? If you have flashed and restored with a previous ROM's backup file, that may be a contributing factor (if not the cause) of your issue!!

Last edited by syrguy1969; 10-05-2009 at 12:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Lurker

[killkrazie] is a n00b

Quote:
Are you using a lock app? If you don't have too many, maybe listing the 3rd party apps you have installed along with the ROM your currently using, maybe someone has seen this behavior, or we may see an app that may be causing this.
i've actually taken all of them off, even the reg edit for the auto lock while you're talking. i'll get a list of current tweeks/apps together.....

Quote:
P.S. [killkrazie].....Have you flashed at all? If you have, do you use system backups (SPB Backup, RESCO....)? If you have flashed and restored with a previous ROM's backup file, that may be a contributing factor (if not the cause) of your issue!!
i've done the verizon(?) update that comes with weather bug etc. i've used spb a few times (tried various combos of old/newer backup files) i'm gonna hard reset in a few days and start over and maybe narrow it down a bit more...i was thinking it was maybe a conflict between reg edits/apps? remove programs lists ALL the extra apps right, just not reg edits?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i900
Carrier: Kpn

cornelisjuh is a n00b
Wink Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Best thing I can say is to go to the screenshot thread and see what others have done:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51507

and you can get a LOT of great free apps or suggestions of cool pay apps in the software forum:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

The thing to remember is you shouldn't have any problems with apps for your i900, but don't use the ROMs made for the i910, it will brick your phone. If you want to get into flashing ROMs, your better looking over in Modeco:
http://www.modaco.com/category/368/i...om-discussion/

If you have any questions about specific apps, or how to get specific looks/functions, or just have an idea in your head your trying to get to but don't know what to use please feel free to ask, If there isn't a threadt for it post here or just PM someone you know, there are really outstanding members in here that would be more than happy to help you out (I don't put myself in the same category as a lot of the experts here, but I will answer whatever I can for you)!!

Lol thanks Thats what a forum is for I hope one day i can help other members.
Thank you

-edit-
So basicly, with flashing, you flash a new firmware on your phone. So tha means i can flash wm6.5 on my phone with wm6.1, or is that a complete different thing?

Last edited by cornelisjuh; 10-06-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia