PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

to the poster with text message problems, are you running the up dated software? it may fix your issue though I've never heard of it before. only other thing I can think of is to move a file called pim.vol off of your phone and see if the issue persists.

see post10 in pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6700-xv6700/67440-can-i-backup-restore-contacts-saving-pim-vol-file.html

Last edited by nitrous9200; 01-21-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung oz omnia sph-m7350
Carrier: LG

reedich is a n00b
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Hey everyone!

I'm living in Korea and just bought a Samsung Oz Omnia (SPH-M7350). It has Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Korean on it. I thought I would be able to change the phone into English but it's proved a lot more difficult than I thought. I went to a service centre and they said there is no WM6.5 program in English for this particular model. They suggested I could try install WM6.5 in English myself and if I had any trouble they would reinstall the Korean version. They said if I did that though, I might experience some unecpected problems.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know anything at all about this?! I think the phone has only been released in Korea. Can anyone suggest a safe version of Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional in English I could try? (preferably with instructions telling how I get it on the phone!).

I'm new to this game by the way. Can someone tell me, is only a matter of time befoe Microsoft release an official version of WM6.5 for this model?

It's driving me crazy to have such a sweet phone and not yet be able to use it to it's full capablities! Please help someone!

Cheers
Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910 omnia
Carrier: Telus

supa666 is a n00b

Got an recent issue thats come up on mine.... no pictures or attachments in emails can be displayed and my email is set to download the entire attachments. a reg setting maybe so that the attachments are opened with the right program? windows media?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa666 View Post
Got an recent issue thats come up on mine.... no pictures or attachments in emails can be displayed and my email is set to download the entire attachments. a reg setting maybe so that the attachments are opened with the right program? windows media?
You shouldn't have to do a reg entry to make something like that work. When did the problem start? Had you made another change that would have/could have affected that ability?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Hiighboost2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous9200 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

to the poster with text message problems, are you running the up dated software? it may fix your issue though I've never heard of it before. only other thing I can think of is to move a file called pim.vol off of your phone and see if the issue persists.

see post10 in pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6700-xv6700/67440-can-i-backup-restore-contacts-saving-pim-vol-file.html
Actually if i remember correctly, everytime i tryed to search for a windows update it would come back as not being able to connect or whatever so no it probably has an old version. Still not sure why this one message randomly stays stuck on my screen.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

Please someone fix this issue - when my Omnia is charging, the power settings work like I want them to (AC power, screen does not turn off by itself) - however, when it reaches 100%, the phone switches to the battery power setting, which makes the phone shut off after 1 minute (since that's what I want it to do on battery power). Is there a way to make it ignore the 100% charge and make it stay on the AC power setting when the battery is full and the phone is plugged in?
Old 02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XDAII and Samsung Omnia I900
Carrier: Vodafone In

navyn is a n00b

hi..
i was wondering if you happenned to find out the file for charge full in the windows directory.
i seem to have only a file for the Lowbatt, but nothing for a fullbatt!!
any thots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey999 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Image911. I will give it a shot.

>>>In regards to the comment: I'm a little surprised you'd return "an otherwise great phone" over something as inconsequential seeming as the sound that plays when the charge is complete. Is there some particular reason that makes this such an issue?

The reasoning is because I don't care to be woken up to an alarm that goes off in the middle of the night to let me know my phone has been charged and will repeat itself until I acknowledge the notification or unplug the charger.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

prejudice360 is a n00b

hello,
probably im too late but have u guys have any problems with the omnia i910 automatically saving the pictures from a web page that u visited online? for excample lets say im in google images looking for a ferrari f430 spider and i see all the pics online but then i go in to my personal pictures that ive taken with my omnia and i have the ferrari f430 spider plus my pictures mixed.. can anyone tell me how to fix this..
Old 06-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

micshrp is a n00b

My Omnia recently went into power save mode and shut off the phone (wireless radio). After charging the phone to 100%, I tried to turn the phone back on but it will not turn on. I get the message, "The phone is currently off. Would you like to turn on the phone?" Nothing happens when I press yes.

I've attempted a hard reset without any luck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia