PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [killkrazie] View Post
i've actually taken all of them off, even the reg edit for the auto lock while you're talking. i'll get a list of current tweeks/apps together.....

i've done the verizon(?) update that comes with weather bug etc. i've used spb a few times (tried various combos of old/newer backup files) i'm gonna hard reset in a few days and start over and maybe narrow it down a bit more...i was thinking it was maybe a conflict between reg edits/apps? remove programs lists ALL the extra apps right, just not reg edits?
Unfortunatly, if you haven't any solid idea of the culprit, it could be just about any app, tweak or reg setting (sometimes a reg setting meaning to do one thing can have a side-effect you couldn't believe, and can be 'un-fixable'....yeah, bad experience there!!) and a hard reset may be the best way to go, but try one without any restore (except PIM info) as I mentioned before, sometimes a backup from one ROM can seem fine, but cause conflicts/errors on a newer ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelisjuh View Post
Lol thanks Thats what a forum is for I hope one day i can help other members.
Thank you

-edit-
So basicly, with flashing, you flash a new firmware on your phone. So tha means i can flash wm6.5 on my phone with wm6.1, or is that a complete different thing?
WM 6.5 and 6.1 are different versions of the main OS for the Omnia, kinda like upgrading your PC from Vista to Windows 7. You have one or the other, but there are ROMs for both out there. Basically look for one that suits your needs/likes. 6.5 is more finger-friendly and up-to-date, but 6.1 is closer to the old style menues and Today screens that some people are more comfortable with. As I mentioned, as long as you stick with the appropriate device ROM (i900 for you) you can flash one ROM, and if you don't like it, just flash to another. The setup time may get tedious, but once you have 'the' setup (OS + apps) you will really enjoy your device!!!!

(heck....some people get addicted to flashing and have (software-wise) a 'new' device every few days/weeks LOL!!!!)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i900
Carrier: Kpn

cornelisjuh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Unfortunatly, if you haven't any solid idea of the culprit, it could be just about any app, tweak or reg setting (sometimes a reg setting meaning to do one thing can have a side-effect you couldn't believe, and can be 'un-fixable'....yeah, bad experience there!!) and a hard reset may be the best way to go, but try one without any restore (except PIM info) as I mentioned before, sometimes a backup from one ROM can seem fine, but cause conflicts/errors on a newer ROM.

WM 6.5 and 6.1 are different versions of the main OS for the Omnia, kinda like upgrading your PC from Vista to Windows 7. You have one or the other, but there are ROMs for both out there. Basically look for one that suits your needs/likes. 6.5 is more finger-friendly and up-to-date, but 6.1 is closer to the old style menues and Today screens that some people are more comfortable with. As I mentioned, as long as you stick with the appropriate device ROM (i900 for you) you can flash one ROM, and if you don't like it, just flash to another. The setup time may get tedious, but once you have 'the' setup (OS + apps) you will really enjoy your device!!!!

(heck....some people get addicted to flashing and have (software-wise) a 'new' device every few days/weeks LOL!!!!)
I kinda recognize that :P
Then ill stick to 6.1. I just really needs to custimize it with skins and apps, cause the standard 6.1 is a lil boring.

Hichigo Shirosaki
Old 10-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC droid incredible

[killkrazie] is a n00b

Quote:
well thanks for responding, i'm gonna reset and hopefully narrow it down more this time...probably be back asking for help again soon lol
Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Quote:
LOL!!!
I've probably flashed my phone over 100 times! Bgills is working on a new one with cmanila cooked in with my edits for Neo! I'm already twitching!

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 10-11-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

I'm getting itchy to move to 6.5, but I really have everything on my Omnia just the way I like it, using SPB mobile Shell 3.5 and Mskip's Ultimate theme.....but 6.5 is calling.....
Old 10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

dr.kaveri is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

This is probably a stupid question but I'm new to pocket PC's and it's the only problem I seem to be having. I just got my Omnia a couple days ago and have been trying to download apps for it yet I keep encountering the problem of it downloading it and then saying it's unsuccessful in installing the file. I know it's not a problem of the wrong format because it's a .CAB file and I'm getting the files from windows website. Any Hints?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Lurker

[killkrazie] is a n00b

i just wanna thank those who responded before and tried to help with my issue. i'm pretty sure i figured out what caused it (no audio/vibration for sms/mms)

i'm positive it's this reg tweek:
"======================

*For those that don't want the Outlook Email panel in their messaging window, use this reg edit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\Ac tivesync

Delete \Activesync and all subkeys.

Soft reset and you're good to go.

======================

i have EVERYTHING else reinstalled and all other reg edits done and everything works great now. for this edit to work i had to delete all subkeys but not the main one "Activesync" not sure why that makes it work, but if someone can explain it to me that would be very appreciated...hope that helps others
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.kaveri View Post
This is probably a stupid question but I'm new to pocket PC's and it's the only problem I seem to be having. I just got my Omnia a couple days ago and have been trying to download apps for it yet I keep encountering the problem of it downloading it and then saying it's unsuccessful in installing the file. I know it's not a problem of the wrong format because it's a .CAB file and I'm getting the files from windows website. Any Hints?
Both WM Smartphone version and WM Professional version use .cabs to install programs. Make sure you have the correct version.

Also, as you probably already know, cabs are installed from the device, rather than the pc. So, if you download it to your pc, transfer it to your Omnia before activating (selecting) the cab to install. Hope this helps!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Lurker

[killkrazie] is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [killkrazie] View Post
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\Ac tivesync
btw can someone post the default settings under this key?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Sure,
DLL= syncmgr.dll
FriendlyName= Outlook E-mail
Name= Activesync
UserCannotCreate= 1
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia