PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

If I were you I'd switch to WPA/2 encryption, WEP is about as useful to keeping outsiders out as locking a screen door is to keeping people out of your house.

Hopefully WPA works, my roommie just ordered an omnia and will be most upset if it can't use the wifi at the house!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor

Youtube?????
Is it just me? No worky.
Tried HTC media download from xda
TCPMP no.
from the mobile site upon selecting thumbnail, it attempts to open it with WM media player. On my old phone that was HTC Helmi cooked. it worked fine. but I'll need to get that old phone out to find which software that was.

edit/ Yes it was HTC's Streamingmedia software. I'm going to find it and try that.
editII/ go to xda developers and search for youtubeplay also you need windows NET runtime. the link is there for that as well.
AMAZZZZing video quality, much better than the mobile website version. It's a stand alone software so look in your programs folder for it.

Last edited by iclickjohn; 12-08-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

blile is becoming a great contributor

Any one find a fix for the problem:

When entering a name in either Sms, or email "to" field no names from contacts pop up. In every other WM phone ive had, names automatically pop up as you type. On the Omnia, nothing pops up. You have to click "add recipient" or "check name" that kinda sucks.

Any way to fix that? There must be a registry fix that can make it work right?

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910 w/ BL's wm 6.5.3, SPBMS
Carrier: v

kendubya is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
Another issue I wonder if there is a fix for: I noticed that there seems to be a lag when typing on the keyboard using "auto complete." I like using the xt9 keyboard. I thought maybe it was the haptic feedback that was slowing it down so I turned it off, and it still lagged.

Anyone else have this problem? Any fix? Strangely there was never a lag with my xv6900 using xt9.
Yep, its auto complete.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910 w/ BL's wm 6.5.3, SPBMS
Carrier: v

kendubya is just getting started

This cab has had mixed success. It is supposed to disable the keylock when you're on a call. I installed it and it worked but, I lost the icons/functionality on the right column of buttons on the dialer screens. Fortunately (for me) removing the software restored the button functions.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB (216.3 KB, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

Braqson is a n00b

I have a question for everyone. I am new and blonde so here we go. I know on regular computers that some sd cards and flash drives can be used to add ram to your system, so my question is can this be done to a phone such as the Omnia?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braqson View Post
I have a question for everyone. I am new and blonde so here we go. I know on regular computers that some sd cards and flash drives can be used to add ram to your system, so my question is can this be done to a phone such as the Omnia?
I know it can't be done on the Titan, but I don't know about the Omnia. Gut feeling... probably not.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

stoshx is a n00b

One of the problems I have with the Omnia is that whenever I get a call and pull the phone out of it's holster (which is horizontal), I have to wait for the animation that switches to vertical to stop before I can answer the call.

Is there a setting I can change or create that would disable the accelerometer when there is an incoming call so that I can answer it in a timely manner?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoshx View Post
One of the problems I have with the Omnia is that whenever I get a call and pull the phone out of it's holster (which is horizontal), I have to wait for the animation that switches to vertical to stop before I can answer the call.

Is there a setting I can change or create that would disable the accelerometer when there is an incoming call so that I can answer it in a timely manner?
Sure...just go to settings...system....motion sensor

you can disable, set sensitivity, or a different animation.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

stoshx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Sure...just go to settings...system....motion sensor you can disable, set sensitivity, or a different animation.
Thanks for the advice, but those aren't really viable options. I need to be able to go between horizontal and vertical for different things like vertical for phone and horizontal for typing a text message. The animation is irrelevant because even if you have no animation you still have to wait for it to transition. And changing the sensitivity does not stop it from changing when moved from horizontal to vertical. Any other suggestions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia