PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon xv6800

joshica is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I guess we need to keep at it then...I want to find a small app to allow repeating alerts. Nothing as large as PhoneAlarm, but allow the alerts WM disables the repeat option on to go off a set number of times. I may miss the one vibration when a text comes in (sitting on my desk at work) and not see it for hours, but if it went off say 5 times I would be more likely to catch it!! There used to be one for Troes called TreoAlert...maybe something like that....I am looking!!!!
Have you ever heard of a program called "DontForget" It does exactly what you described. It has a Pocket PC version or Smartphone version. It works wonderfully and is fully customizable. You can set a variety of times between alerts and change the alert tones (even use your own sounds). It isn't very expensive either. It's worth every penny. You can download a trial for 30 days (I think).
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Lurker

splitsteve is a n00b

Quote:
Oh come on....were ALWAYS nice in here...thats why PPCGeeks is sooooo popular LOL!!!!

Welcome to the community though, I hope you enjoy it !!!

Is reply to your request, I think this should do it for you:

How to disable/enable the "Message Sent" notification after SMS sent
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 1
To enable:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 0
(default = 1)

P.S. Gatorbyte....no sweat!!
Thanks for the speedy reply syrguy, I had come accross that reg hack and had no luck with it. I have since done a hard reset and am not getting the notification anymore, which is nice....BUT......

I just had the tmail.exe error again, each time it pops up I've found it resends the last msg... I jsut sent my mate the same txt 3 times

I think this problem only happens when I exit back to spb mobiel shell as soon as I hit send, which wasn't a problem before

Any ideas?

I Installed the following after a hard reset.
Wk Task
SPB Mobile Shell
S2U2
Resco Explorer + FTP + Reg
Moboila Web Cam
Garmin XT Mobile.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshica View Post
Have you ever heard of a program called "DontForget" It does exactly what you described. It has a Pocket PC version or Smartphone version. It works wonderfully and is fully customizable. You can set a variety of times between alerts and change the alert tones (even use your own sounds). It isn't very expensive either. It's worth every penny. You can download a trial for 30 days (I think).
I tried that, but (and it is a known issue) the registration is all messed up on it. Even when you purchase it and register it on your device, everytime you open it the registration reminder pops up. I gave up on it, and have been using OS Reminder for a while, and it works pretty well!!!

splitsteve....Not sure what could be causing that, but have you thought of using Watcher and keeping Shell running at all times as your OS? Again....I'm not sure what the problem may be, but if you don't have to open Shell again, maybe keeping it open will circumvent the issue?

I bet Adrynalyne will have a suggestion for ya!!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker

splitsteve is a n00b

Quote:
splitsteve....Not sure what could be causing that, but have you thought of using Watcher and keeping Shell running at all times as your OS? Again....I'm not sure what the problem may be, but if you don't have to open Shell again, maybe keeping it open will circumvent the issue?

I bet Adrynalyne will have a suggestion for ya!!
I havn't looked at using watcher, i might look into it. It's just this damn tmail.exe error, it giving me hell
Old 01-23-2009, 09:42 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I can suggest two things:

1- If everything works, and it is a WM error screen, you could disable error reporting!! (Not sure how you feel about that one because I remember you have multiple messages going out!)

2- I did a little looking around and found this:

Do you have the "When available, use this store card to store attachments" checked under the storage tab? DON'T CHECK IT!

and this:

this error comes about when we cannot delete the tmail.exe which is used for the SMS integration.Simply go to \WINDOWS in your file explorer. DELETE the tmail.exe. If it won't let you, that means its in use. The OS and FM both use this and in some cases the OS can run it from startup. This is one area we could improve the uninstall and its one we will.So if its in use, two things you can do. One is to soft reset the device and try to delete it manually first and then uninstall. The other is to rename the file and then soft reset (so that its not in use) and then delete the renamed file.Hope that helps.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:19 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Sorry, I must have missed this.

What is the tmail error you are receiving?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

hop2000 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a way to disable the "charge complete" nitification you get when you phone is done charging? I was charging my phone (turned off) last night on my nightstand and I got woken up at 3am by this annoying sound letting me know know that my charge was complete. I didn't see a setting in the notifications for it.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

I think the only 'fix' for the battery charged alert I have seen is to replace the tone with a silent sound bite!! I will look for the post and direct you to it if needed.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:09 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Does Etiquette mode disable it if the phone is flipped over?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
VIP Member

I don't believe so, I think the battery tone over-rides any and all profile settings from what I have heard in the past.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia