PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Anyone need a paperweight???

I was having issues with my phone just shutting off and needing to hit the power button to completely restart, and at times the power button just didn't work until you pushed it 3-4 times and the battery life was horrible, so I figured I'd take it to the store for a tech to look at it. So I start to flash to CF03 and it just kinda hangs there... I call VZW and talk to a very helpful CSR, who proceeds to say "Just pull the USB and start again!!!" Uhhh, OK...Since it's a recorded line and she was telling me to do it, sure...why not... I assumed she knew more than the instructions saying do not disconnect, and common knowledge but what the heck... The phone to replace my paperweight should be here shortly... It's a refurb but the tech at the store, who almost slapped me for listening to such stupidity (Like we all didn't know what was gonna happen...) told me it should be mint condition, if not, take it back to him and he'll raise a stink... BTW, does anyone know the codes for checking original use dates, total minutes used, etc when I get the refurb? I've already got UMDL ready to flash as soon as Fed-Ex shows up!!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

cg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcg83 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Anyone need a paperweight???

damn that sucks. goodluck with everything.......

as far as number codes check this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75000
Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Sure, I'd see if there's a way to get 'er goin' again.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Threadstarter

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Anyone need a paperweight???

cg83, I wasn't worried, I knew exactly what was gonna happen, and I wanted to replace it as I was having issues with the on/off key like I said. I assume the issues were hardware related and not the ROM's because it suddenly started happening, and I had made no changes to anything for days on the phone. I laughed about it, I'm getting a new phone and they even overnighted it since it was the CSR's fault. And thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

nuguy, unfortunately I have to send it back to VZW when the new one comes, or I'd be playing with it trying to get it to work again. I've been toying with it since yesterday and it seems gone, ready for burial... it ain't doing nuthin'!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia