PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Omnia reviews.

Anyone????
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Dear Lord Optimus prime! No one can answer this.. its been like 2 weeks.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i900

Puck is a n00b

Crash Test Samsung Omnia (WITU) [Google Translated]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The translation cut out at about the time the thread got to the liquid testing, but from what I could read and see the Omnia really seems pretty durable. They drove a car over this sucker and only got a pebble imprint on the back...WOW!! To be honest, I always handle mine with the total egg-shell treatment, but it is nice to know the Omnia can take a beating and still go!! Even the liquid test only discolored the screen, it still worked!!!

P.S. Welcome to the community!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker

Puck is a n00b

Thank's This one should be full
Old 03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I don't care that the Omnia only got a 3 out of 5 on the beer/water test....that is pretty impressive.....15 seconds imersed in liquid and still fully functioning....fantastic.

I think that is a pretty impressive test result, as the site mentioned, it put a couple other of the 'big-hitters' to shame!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Lurker

Puck is a n00b

at list we beat iPhone in same test and it's really cool U can see it on same page
Old 03-13-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

That was one of the big hitters I was referring to. I have always thought the construction of the iPhone/iTouch was too much on the delicate side...especially the screen and buttons.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:24 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I was talking with my wife's cousin's BF here in Cali (Spring Break and all), and he whipped out his iPhone. Man, it was pretty sweet looking, if you could ignore that shattered screen

I asked him what happened? "I dropped it."

It still worked though which amazed me.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

OK. No longer lurking. From a former Cooked ROM fan with tricked out XV6700 and XV6800 to stock Omnia i910.

+1. No Keyboard: never used it much, but now my phone is half as thick as my extended battery 6700 and 6800, and much lighter and feels more solid ('cause it is).
+2. Bigger screen (vertically). Bigger is better for my eyes.
+3. Better sound quality, especially on speaker or phone.
+4. This forum. Informative and friendly. Definitely empowers the phone. Thanks to all, especially syrguy and Adrynalyne, but others, too.
+5. Touch Mouse, especially with Mouse switcher app.
+6. Accelerometer is cool with less sensitivity (sometimes excess rotation gets annoying.).
+7. I like buttons, but thanks to AEButtons, plus, I have something like over 7 x 4 button options, plus more virtual buttons. So what I thought would be less buttons actually works out like more for me.
+8. Battery life. Considering an extended battery, but don't seem to need it, and loving the smaller profile...
+9.Custom ROMs. Well they may be coming soon or actually here it looks like, but with my former phones, they were pretty much a necessity. This phone just doesn't need them as much. But if they make it all the way to the PPCGeeks kitchen, this phone will just become even cooler.
+10. I just like this phone!

Some details:
  • X=Close: QuickMenu, plus adds hibernate (memory recovery) and many functions for FREE.
  • 911 Emergency mode: Setting in phone
  • Alarm issues? Try FREE GAlarm. This app is great! Wake to music of my choice. Better sound with this phone!
  • Holding the Power Button down shuts if off completely. Phone won’t ring.
  • Holding the End key locks the screen at Minimum backlight.
  • Holding the Talk key during a phone message turns on the Speakerphone.
  • When “OFF” (Standby), Talk and End buttons SOMETIMES (??) turn the device back on. Almost always, lately. Configurable, I know.
  • Using 1 Press in AEButton for the original function seems to keep everything working like normal, plus the 2 and 3 and long press options.
  • Tried AEButton on My Storage (against warnings) and phone wouldn’t answer once. Installed to Main memory as recommended.
  • Repeat Notifications? Sometimes get a load of these after resetting, sometimes not. No solution as yet.
  • I never get a “Fully Charged” alarm at all. Maybe that issue was only with certain apps.
  • I do get a “Phone back on” alarm in the AM when Phone Weaver is programmed to switch it on. Can’t seem to find how to defeat that. Sounds and Notifications is off for connections. It is a quick "Do Re Mi" ascending 3 note scale.
  • Lots of “Error with program messages. Send to Microsoft?” I was sending tons of them hoping it prompts a faster new ROM release. If no one complains, why should they do an update? But I finally just turned it off. It was happening all the time!
  • No Memory issues, I don’t use fancy Today shells, widgets, etc. Just Digital Clock, Today Agenda, and Claunch or iLaunch type programs.
  • Going to move Opera cache to My Storage anyway.
  • Hibernation (memory recovery) never finds more than a few K of memory. My HTC phones always find 1 or 2 Mb.
  • http://bearware.info/ Great PC Freeware recommendation site I like. (Not PPC)
Thanks again for all the info on this site, which I have already used extensively!

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 04-09-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia