PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Kudos to all (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146899)

heyfeaver 09-07-2011 01:27 PM

Kudos to all

After reading your posts for hours I'm amazed by what you can do.
It's obvious that your in a world that's totally beyond me, but I could still use a little help to get started.
Is there another site with a "Samsung i910 for dummies forum"?
I need to start somewhere and hopefully in the future I will have the ability to apply some of incredible R&D.

Thank you all
heyfeaver

darren.wlsn1 09-07-2011 01:30 PM

Re: Kudos to all

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyfeaver (Post 2143405)
After reading your posts for hours I'm amazed by what you can do.
It's obvious that your in a world that's totally beyond me, but I could still use a little help to get started.
Is there another site with a "Samsung i910 for dummies forum"?
I need to start somewhere and hopefully in the future I will have the ability to apply some of incredible R&D.

Thank you all
heyfeaver

post your question or what your looking for and im sure someone will help ya.

heyfeaver 09-07-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2143408)

6.1 Apps won't run. I've downloaded serveral 6.1 apps for my omnia i910,6.1. They go into "my storage" no problem. I click to install. They load up, then " not a pocket pc app" appears. All say they are apps for 6.1.
Skype and Opera, no problem. WeFi for 6.1, no go. Idx mobile 60 (a bought translation program), no go. Several other free apps, no go.
What am I missing.
Thanks

darren.wlsn1 09-07-2011 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by heyfeaver (Post 2143443)
6.1 Apps won't run. I've downloaded serveral 6.1 apps for my omnia i910,6.1. They go into "my storage" no problem. I click to install. They load up, then " not a pocket pc app" appears. All say they are apps for 6.1.
Skype and Opera, no problem. WeFi for 6.1, no go. Idx mobile 60 (a bought translation program), no go. Several other free apps, no go.
What am I missing.
Thanks

been awhile but is "net 3.5" on device?

found it, dl this to mainmem and softreset please.

heyfeaver 09-07-2011 05:25 PM

Thanks I installed it the other day, but I'll try again. I'll let you know

horndoctor 09-07-2011 05:56 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyfeaver
Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2143408)

What am I missing.
Thanks

If these apps you have downloaded are .exe files then that would explain why you get the message you are seeing when you click on them. You need to move those files to your PC and while your device is synced to your PC via usb(Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center) click on the exe on your PC to execute the installation of the app.

heyfeaver 09-07-2011 06:02 PM

darren.wlsn1 Ok sorry that took so long. Says it installed, didn't ask to overwrite, so guess it didn't go in the otrher day. Restarted and tried the apps. Same thing. "not a pocket pc app"?

heyfeaver 09-07-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2143474)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If these apps you have downloaded are .exe files then that would explain why you get the message you are seeing when you click on them. You need to move those files to your PC and while your device is synced to your PC via usb(Activesync or Windows Mobile Device Center) click on the exe on your PC to execute the installation of the app.

Horndoctor, tried that before to unfortunatelyactive sync and vista. vista window says installed succsessfully, check mob screen for details. mobile screen says install unsuccsessful?

horndoctor 09-07-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyfeaver
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2143474)

Horndoctor, tried that before to unfortunatelyactive sync and vista. vista window says installed succsessfully, check mob screen for details. mobile screen says install unsuccsessful?

The only apps/programs that you can download directly to your device and install on your device by clicking on them using File Explorer are .cab files. Install files in .exe format have to be installed from your PC while synced.

heyfeaver 09-07-2011 06:27 PM

darren.wlsn1: At least I now know CF 3.5 is installed. Found it right were it was to be installed. Thank you many times over.