PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

winmofreak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need omnia memory help

Hey guys, I need serious memory help. I am currently only running cf03, and well, my memory is almost gone. I think the reason is that I have alot of apps installed, but almost none of them to the device. I can't switch to a custom rom just yet because I have to take my phone in to verizon soon for a seperate battery issue. Anyway, I uninstalled spb mobile shell which helped, but now when I try to install it to a my storage or storage card, it tells me it won't install. I need serious help. My omnia runs put of memory very wuickly and clean ram doesn't do much to help. What can I do?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

mobile shell only installs to device without an app to make it work
why not move your apps to storage or card?
also there is a LOT of wallpapers and whatnot easily removed from mobile shell,about 3 mb worth.
clean ram doesnt affect storage memory,only ram.
you can get some more storage back by clearing emails,texts,mms,browser caches, and also go to mydevice from file explorer,programs and dump some factory apps you dont use like vznav,appzone,shozu,etc. also look on mydevice documents and move any of them from there to storage or card.
ive got lots of apps and normally keep between 25-32mb of storage free no problem.
also swipe up entire screen opens taskswitcher and you can quickly end apps from there if you dont have a taskswitcher app installed
hope that helps
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung omnia i910
Threadstarter

winmofreak is just getting started
Re: Need omnia memory help

Actually got mobile shell to install to my storage card. Granted, it is slightly slower, but, hey, if it works, it works. Other than that, thanks for tips I will try those out.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: onmia

pittom is a n00b

when i go to settings/system/memory storage is very very low. keep getting warning low memory,when i load apps i put them in storage,is this where it goes? i tried to delete apps and it went up confused
Old 03-06-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

the record of the deletion I guess is why but Im not sure.

my storage memory goes down everytime I delete apps or emails but it goes back down in time.

where are you deleting apps from? 3rd party apps wont always completly delete from their uninstall file but do from remove programs program
yes put apps on storage or storage card when possible but some,like google , have files stored on your device even though the app is on storage or card

Last edited by mark elmore; 03-06-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

It's hard to say exactly what your problem is since your setup is obviously unique, but the top three things I can think of are to remove wallpapers and ringtones, clear browser cache and delete old messages/make sure attachments are saved to storage card. (Start > Messaging > Menu > Options > Storage tab > check the box). Also I'd recommend using the new Opera Mini which is much faster/better/easier to use than anything out there, plus it uses less data and has no cache since all of the page loading is done on Opera's end - meaning battery life should be better, and at the very least, your memory won't fill up at all.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nitrous, the Opera mini you wrote of,is that the 9.7 beta or 10.0 beta? ive read some on both but am not confident in my ability to make it my default browser so if I change I want it to be the right one.
I think you are the one who first told me about mobileshell THANK YOU!! for that
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia