PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Bell mobility

rdonn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Restoring my Omnia

Well I fell victim to the flash hype. I flashed my Bell Omnia i910 and now it's on the Verizon network (stupid, I know, I didn't study enough). I don't know the terms all too well, since I'm very new to PPC's, but I think my phone might be bricked? Bell support and Samsung support cannot help me. I backed up my files with SPB Backup but when I try to select "ROM Upgrade Mode" I get an error as soon as I try to restore. So am I stuck like this? I can use all the downloaded apps and I can still install new ones, but I can't use the Omnia as a phone anymore. Any help?

Also, now that it's locked on Verizon, it keeps saying that my battery isn't supported, so I feel that if that battery runs out, so does my luck.

Last edited by rdonn; 01-12-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rdonn is a n00b
Re: Restoring my Omnia

I was going to use the Stock Bell Rom for HTC phones, but then I realized I was getting a little too desperate and wasn't thinking clearly.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

levytv is a n00b

well in theory if the phone starts up you should be able to flash back to your correct rom.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rdonn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by levytv View Post
well in theory if the phone starts up you should be able to flash back to your correct rom.
True, but for some reason Bell has decided not to release any updates for the Omnia. I spoke to a Bell representative on the phone and he told me that there is nothing they can do and that I should try to find some answers at ppcgeeks and other forums... but I've been searching forever and it seems as if I'm just completely out of luck.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

levytv is a n00b

did you look thru the omnia upgrades forum?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: TELUS

spawnbsd is a n00b

I've spent several hours straight searching, their is no TELUS or Bell rom available for this phone. Unless you can get another Omnia and extract the rom from that, their is no way to recover your phone.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rdonn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnbsd View Post
I've spent several hours straight searching, their is no TELUS or Bell rom available for this phone. Unless you can get another Omnia and extract the rom from that, their is no way to recover your phone.
This is what I don't understand. Why hasn't even one person done something like this? Dump the Bell Rom so that it is available for the people who need it. I know they don't have an obligation, but I'm just saying, there are so many people with Omnias and there are so many people with this problem... at least one person should help out lol..
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rdonn is a n00b

I don't want to start another thread so I'll just ask here. Is it really possible for a Bell Omnia user to dump the stock bell rom? If so, is it possible to make that rom flashable for us unfortunate verizon flashers?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: bell canada

jessejames4 is a n00b

hey I'm in the same boat as you and I didn't back up any of my stuff.These 6.5 rom are awesome but I got a great camera until someone dumps there Bell rom for us guys and girls.As for the battery I read that you can charge them.The way I do it is the soft reset hole next to the power button,keep your phone on and I use a paper clip and an elastic.Just put the paper clip in the hole and use the elastic to keep the paper clip in place then plug it in and I works great.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rdonn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejames4 View Post
hey I'm in the same boat as you and I didn't back up any of my stuff.These 6.5 rom are awesome but I got a great camera until someone dumps there Bell rom for us guys and girls.As for the battery I read that you can charge them.The way I do it is the soft reset hole next to the power button,keep your phone on and I use a paper clip and an elastic.Just put the paper clip in the hole and use the elastic to keep the paper clip in place then plug it in and I works great.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. I'm starting to get a little skeptical about the idea of dumping the stock rom so that we can restore our phones though .
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia