PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Tethering? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99918)

cohowap 12-03-2009 12:58 PM

Tethering?

My co-worker got an Omnia 2 and came to me to get Tethering working. I installed Wi-Fi router and it appears to run, but we can't pick up a wireless signal.

Has anyone gotten tethering to work in any fashion on the Omnia 2 for Verizon?

hoola 12-03-2009 02:14 PM

Re: Tethering?

hey. i cant seem to connect either. i can see wifirouter but it just says connecting. i have tried to wifi and to usb with no luck. I havent tried bluetooth because i dont have it on my pc. I contacted the people at wifirouter.com and let them know of the situation and if there is a work around. It is reported to work on the omnia 2 i8000 so i hope there is a fix for our omnia 2 i920 soon.

cohowap 12-03-2009 02:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was able to get it working, but I am not 100% sure if it's "safe" as far as billing goes.

Here is what I did.

1) Install ICS cab (attached).
2) Install WMWifiRouter cab (attached). I still couldn't get HTC WiFi Router to work.
3) Restart Phone.
4) Attach USB to phone and validate that ICS can connect.
5) Disconnect Phone.
6) Run WMWifiRouter

I take no credit for this, was posted on Modoco for the Omnia 1. I'd still like to get HTC Wifi router to work.

hoola 12-03-2009 02:58 PM

yeah i know of the ics cab but i don't know how to take the din out of the network address.

benven 12-03-2009 04:54 PM

I got it working using Internet Sharing. I know it uses data on the phone, but it's so slick. I'm lucky, I have a 1GB monthly package. With the new Bell network, it seemed like I was surfing at home on my high speed!!!

OT, oddly enough, it's not that fast just surfing on the phone??

hoola 12-03-2009 09:42 PM

i still cant get it to work. blah! I dont understand why. I have looked over everything and followed everything right. I have a paid for version of wifirouter and it dont work. Hopefully one of the people from thier site emails me soon.

hoola 12-03-2009 10:54 PM

nevermind i got it working. I forgot to turn on wifi and bluetooth during my initial setup. doh! I had to write the wifirouter peoplep back and tell em never mind it works.

Dmordarski 12-05-2009 09:25 PM

I cannot get my phone to teather any way, usb wifi or bluetooth.

I can get the laptop to see the network however there is no internet available, anyone got any ideas?!

Dmordarski 12-05-2009 10:00 PM

Alright I got the problem licked, settings - phone settings - data connections, change it to "use phone as a modem" connection via: USB

Now I got the internet to work this way, however I'm not sure if VZW is going to know that I'm using WIFI Router and streaming the data to a laptop? And is going to charge me a tethering fee, or it is just a setting, anyone know?