PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Bell Canada

ispahan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation PLEASE HELP: Problem with cprog.exe the phone is dead

HI,

I tried to install a Farsi font(arabic1.cab and arabic2.cab) on my Omnia(to read Farsi on internet and emails) and because it was not working deleted it(through start/settings/system/remove programs). just after I deleted it, I got this message" a problem has occurred with cprog.exe" and it tells me to send a message to Microsoft to inform them.

I have lost all my contacts. I can't synchronize. My phone is not working and I get "no signal" icon at the top. When I press the phone button I just get the message again about cpro.exe and nothing else. I have lost the start page where I had my widgets and clock and everything. I called my number, my cell does not ring although I ring signal in the other phone and then it goes to voice mail.

So my phone is dead now, does not get signal, etc. I notice I have other files intact and everything is in its place though.

I soft resetted, I hard resetted(pressing 3 buttons), I resetted a few times by pressing the button near the flash. NOTHING WORKS. every time it opens to the message about cprog.exe.

Last edited by ispahan; 04-05-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: PLEASE HELP: Problem with cprog.exe the phone is dead

Is your phone unlocked? Can you try and re-flash the stock ROM?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ispahan is a n00b

It is unlocked. I am a newbie. What is Rom, and what is the stock Rom. and what is reflashing?

I just know that when I press the phone, that message comes up("we are sorry" at the top, and that "cprog.exe has a problem"). So I don't get the dialing buttons on the screen. The phone is totally dead, and I don't even get a phone signal.

But I notice my internet is working and I can send text messages. everything else works, the files I had put on the phone are still there.Only

1. the phone has totally disappeared, even the phonebook is totally empty.

2. the start page which came on after I unlocked the phone, with widgets and everything, has disappeared. I think that start page was from Omnia because it had three pages. NOw I just get a very dull page with "live search" at top, and a ribbon under that with sync, messaging, hotmail from MS.

Also when I connect with the usb to my desktop, there is no connection, MS activesync tries to connect but then says "synchronization can not be completed successfully" . so that means there is no way to configure the phone through the desktop. If I have to replace that cprog.exe file, the only way to do it now is through the internet connection on the phone itself.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ispahan is a n00b

just out of desperation, I reinstalled one of the arabic files(arabic1.cab), everything is back to normal. I can get phone signals, phone dials are back on the screen when I press the talk button, widgets and start page are back, my phone book is back as it was.

Question: I don't want this file to be on my omnia permanently. I want to get back to the original omnia configuration without the problem. is there a way to be able to delete this arabic file and not corrupt the cprog.exe? What is cprog.exe anyways? can I download and reinstall it on its directory?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Tags
cprog.exe, crash, omnia 2, trouble