PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How good is this phone?

WOW! I haven't visited this site since Nov 2009. Why, I wanted to give the Droid a try so I sold my i910 and got the Droid.

I kept this phone til March and then decided I wanted to go back to WM so I sold the Droid and got the i920. Kept it for a few months and decided I missed the Droid so I sold the i920 and bought another Droid. Now I miss WM again so I just purchased another i920 from eBay and am waiting for it to arrive.

No, I'm not selling the Droid this time. Having Verizon and their marvelous *228 phone activation avenue, I'm keeping the Droid and activating the i920; after I flash the ninja4hire ROM to see how it is. In the meantime, I'm going to root the Droid and see how I like that.

Damn, ain't America great. The freedom to do all this silly stuff and the ability to ask for counseling when needed. Help me guys. Don't let me go off the deep end.

Well back to reality. Late 2010 I'll probably get one of the new 2gig Droid processor phones and one of the new WM7 phones and start this wonderful adventure all over again.

Thanks for listening. Any and all advice would be most helpful and appreciated.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

the O2 is the best phone ive had so far. once I flashed it to amdzero's zero stock rom its been perfect. I disabled all of the default today screen stuff and just use easy today launcher as my main ui.its very fast with low memory usage and even better its very simple.

I use it as a hd NEW MOVIE player in the bedroom using tv out,a garmin gps and multimedia center using a monster cable in the car.a gaming center/internet portal/translator anywhere.

truthfully it makes me superman
Old 09-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

delosky is a n00b

Has anyone installed the latest latest official Samsung ROM? I think it just came out a few days ago (Where Do I Obtain The DG21 Software Upgrade For My SCH-I920 (Omnia II) Phone?)?

From what I can tell, it is newer than the "CK24" updated that came out a while back.

Per the site:
This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.
  • Microsoft Windows Mobile AKU Update to 5.0.93.
  • Qualcomm updates applied to improve overall quality
  • Samsung WidgetPlus is updated
  • Various Updates and Improvements have been made to the User Interface.
  • Preloaded Facebook app updated to v1.1.0.17.
My only gripe of this phone out of the box was the sluggishness of the TouchWiz UI. If they fixed that, I might even go back to it from MobileShell 3.x.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Geebox is just getting started

I have done the DC23 update but not the new DG21. The update is found at Samsung.
Samsung's Digital World I use a custom rom anyway. Custom roms are much better than any of those updates.
Rom 3.2.3 Titan Reloaded 1.3.2
Old 09-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vaio
Carrier: airtel

appyzilla is a n00b

had it for 2 months till i killed it but pretty decent fone
Old 09-18-2010, 12:16 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Coming from HTC devices that always had keyboards I was really skeptical about this device, but I was so tired of the size / weight of my TP2, plus the performance (or lack there of) I was ready for a change. Given the limited selection of WM devices here in Canada the O2 was literally the only choice I had.

Out of the box I did not like the Samsung Touch Wiz / Widget stuff! I also was NOT happy with the free ram issues on this device. However, after my first flash to a "lite" ROM all was well and both of those issues were now non-issues!

I'm using SPB MS 3.5.5 with MobileSense ( I would jump on an Android device tomorrow if our company allowed them!) and I love this device...
  • I love the screen resolution / size
  • I love the performance compared to the laggy TP2
  • The size (thickness) and weight are fabulous compared to the TP2
  • Lack of a keyboard is a non-issue now I'm using Swype
  • Battery life is better than my TP2
Only two real gripes...
  • I wish is that it came with a d-pad or optical pad instead of the cube button, but you can always use AEButton Plus to get around some of those issues
  • What's up with the stylus! I know you can use your finger a lot of the time, but I have certain games that require a more pinpoint touch than my finger seems able to offer, so I have to keep the stylus close by. Why couldn't they find a way to have it slide into the unit instead of having to attach it with a damn string!
After all is said and done, I do not regret switching to this device. It will definitely tide me over until something better comes along, or until I can use Android at work

Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

with that being said i must add that the vzw omnia i920 DOES come with a slot to slide the stylus into the phone
Old 10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Ozone, Samsung Omnia

3dmonkey is a n00b

Just added naong's MobileSense to SPB MobileShell 3.5.5 and I have a new phone all over again!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II