PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Would you get this phone or the wait for Winmo7? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116370)

abuttino 03-30-2010 08:37 PM

Would you get this phone or the wait for Winmo7?

Subject line says it all.

My XV6800 earpiece died. I have a spare and was thinking about getting a new phone. Seems that I am just torn for now.

JustinAppi 03-30-2010 09:05 PM

Re: Would you get this phone or the wait for Winmo7?

If you've got a winmo phone that works, I'd wait. . . . . there'll always be something better down the line. . . . . when you need a phone, look to see what's the best available. That's what I'd do. I have the Omnia II and love it. I'll keep it till it doesn't work or there is something extra special that makes it worth my while. In the meantime, I'm happy with my Omnia II. I have a VX6800 too, but it's in mothballs for now.

levytv 03-31-2010 05:22 AM

lifes too short to wait. enjoy now. i love my omnia 2. moved from an omnia at end of december.

abuttino 03-31-2010 10:41 AM

Verizon talked themselves out of me upgrading, they told me that I'll have no options in December that to pay full retail. With the price on phones, that's not really a good option for me.

Wish like hell I could get this phone though.

Geebox 03-31-2010 10:49 AM

I will not be jumping right on the Mobile 7 for several reasons; 1. it will be a new OS with issues still to be resovled in its first year as all new Operating Systems. 2. It is not backwards compatible, I have plenty of software that I have collected over years that Mobile 7 will not be able to install. 3. Mobile 7 will be limited to Microsoft Market Place like the iphone is to itunes. That does not make sense to me. Those alone limit Mobile Phone 7 in my opinion.

abuttino 03-31-2010 10:53 AM

What? No privately developed applications without prior approval? See, you just sold me the Omnia II..

Now, is it compatible with Win7?

abuttino 03-31-2010 10:59 AM

Also, is the GPS unlocked and rom unlocked without having to use an HSPL?? That's pretty cool if so.

Geebox 03-31-2010 01:46 PM

Yes, The O2 works with Windows7

delosky 04-08-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abuttino (Post 1671846)
Verizon talked themselves out of me upgrading, they told me that I'll have no options in December that to pay full retail. With the price on phones, that's not really a good option for me.

Wish like hell I could get this phone though.

Interesting. I had the 6800 and my new every two wasn't available until April 12th. I went to Verizon's website on Monday, and I was offered to "upgrade" my phone to the Omnia II at no charge to me whatsoever.

I have to send my 6800 back, but I've had it for two years and I see no reason to keep it with this phenominal phone anymore.

Corey_Smith 04-08-2010 10:55 AM

It will not be upgradable to Windows mobile 7, but there will be plenty of custom windows mobile 7 roms I am sure. Might take a while for people to create them for the Omnia 2. Microsoft already stated that any phones currently on the market will NOT be upgradable. That includes the coveted HTC HD2.