PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia2
Carrier: bell

jaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm sure someone can help!

I have the bell Omnia2. My problem is my phone constantly drops calls and drops my internet connection half way through my browsing It sounds like the problem the Verizon version is having. But now there's a rom update to fix that for them. Does anyone have the same problem as me or posibly know how to fix whats going on, maybe just a registry hack :S
Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 PM
O2S
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

O2S is a n00b
Re: I'm sure someone can help!

Is that for data or WFi connection? I am also with Bell since a month ago, only lite use so far but no problem with dropped calls or connections on either WFi or data.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on repjaytuu is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2S View Post
Is that for data or WFi connection? I am also with Bell since a month ago, only lite use so far but no problem with dropped calls or connections on either WFi or data.
just my data and calls, its like my phone goes into airplane mode by its self :S when Im using the browser and it cuts off it says "A remote party has terrmanated your connection"
Old 01-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia I920
Carrier: Verizon

Sonic Boom is keeping up the good workSonic Boom is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Sonic Boom

is the rom update not available to you?
Old 01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
O2S
Lurker
Carrier: Bell

O2S is a n00b

Have you double checked your
Auto disconnect Data Connection: go towireless manager -> menu -> data connection settings -> No packet for xx minutes.
Or it might be your service area, remember it is a new network, since you are having problems with dropped calls your data connection would be lost too?
What does Bell say about the dropped calls?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2S View Post
Have you double checked your
Auto disconnect Data Connection: go towireless manager -> menu -> data connection settings -> No packet for xx minutes.
Or it might be your service area, remember it is a new network, since you are having problems with dropped calls your data connection would be lost too?
What does Bell say about the dropped calls?
Ok i checked those settings, my "no packet" is unchecked. Should I leave it that way or check the box?? Bell has no idea, what Ive come across on other forums is that it may be my SIM card, so I replaced it yesterday and so far so good but Ill need to use it for like a week before i can say its fixed or not. Ill report back when I know, and thanks for the help!!
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
is the rom update not available to you?
Not in canada no And our Omnia is a little different than yours so I dont think I'd want to mess around with that update
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II