PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Do you feel disappointed by your o2?

it's sad seeing so many different opinions about a phone that has such great potential. Same thing happens with all phones though.

I think as long as you come to PPCG and find all the fixes, learn how to tweak it and learn the functionality of it then your opinions would change just a little if not a lot, in most cases. I do understand it's frustrating that a phone doesn't act right though. Sucks that causes people to instantly hate it!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-26-2010, 11:23 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Stock out of the box experience was bad. I didn't really take to, or try to if I'm honest, TouchWiz. The low free memory really bugged me a lot...physically and mentally

Anyway, I soon learned how to flash it and have been happy ever since. I have 300MB+ of storage, and almost 100MB of program memory after flash. I use SPB MS 3.5.5 and MobileSense, and that brings my memory down to about 50-60MB, but that has been ample. It's fast, smooth, and reliable. I seldom reboot.

I hate to see a few reviews or bad experiences tar an entire phone. Some of these issues certainly sound hardware related, like the bad hardware button mentioned. Other's seem like stock memory issues, and without a doubt, the factory memory settings / usage are very poor. In a word...flash! It makes a world of difference. Samsung really need to fix this issue, but it is what it is. Check out Modaco for some really good roms. Unfortunately, and I do mean that, PPCG just doesn't seem to offer much in terms of ROM development for the O2

Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

to be brutally honest i havent even had to flash nor look up anything new for my omnia because it JUST WORKS............................................. .....CORRECTLY. Im running the LITE version of this rom
[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21) - Windows Phone @ MoDaCo
as a matter of fact i feel like its a new phone thati have to relearn again because ive devoted all of my tweaking time to this little device

YouTube - Eken m001 review part 1 with Ecotox 1.3.1 (firmware, usb cable, andriod market & More)
YouTube - Eken m001 review part 2 with Ecotox 1.3.1 shows improved functinality) with ecotox firmware
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobil 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

kjharrison is a n00b
Question Re: Do you feel disappointed by your o2?

I just put SBP Mobil Shell on my Omnis II and it seems to have fixed the problems I was having with it freezing and taking forever to load a program, but we'll see as time goes on. Does anyone know how long the trial version lasts?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: GT-I8000
Carrier: Airtel

knanda is a n00b

O2 (8GB) is the smart phone I ever have. Its sexy style compelled me to buy it. Now, I updated to 6.5 version. Nevertheless, it seems crushing from time to time. Then, all I had to do is to take out its battery to start it up again, because none of its buttons are working. I am not sure whether the machine itself is deplorable or some of the software I am using is incomplete. Better try iPhone next time.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: vzw

pimp818 is a n00b

si, si, si
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II