PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Swype: How are you liking it? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100725)

TecFX 12-08-2009 02:38 PM

Swype: How are you liking it?

OK, so I have been using it for a couple of days not. The one gripe I have is you need to use a stylus. Yes, you can use a finger, but I find that for the longer stuff the stylus acts a lot easier.

Something else I noticed is you can still use it as a regular keyboard. That is a big advantage. I think I am going to start loving this technology.

fordfisher 12-08-2009 02:52 PM

Re: Swype: How are you liking it?

I am getting better at it w/ my finger but I dont text so dont know if I'll ever get real good.

pdub73 12-08-2009 04:16 PM

its great...I text a lot...and im getting better and better with it...u don't need the stylus as swipe can get the correct word even if u totally miss some of the letters... go thru the little tutorial it comes with and it will make it easier to understand...

Shemmy 12-08-2009 05:47 PM

I'm starting to wonder how I got by without it.

covard 12-08-2009 06:57 PM

It is great. I have gone thru the tutorial completely. I will probably go thru it again a couple of times. There are so many hints in there for how to work with this new entry method. It makes it faster and faster.

I sat down and just played with it on a note for a long time. It is amazing how it can recognize the words so well.

I am definitely accustomed to using a stylus, and thought I would never go away from "Transcriber" method. I just may be a convert to Swype before long. Really liking it.

I think that the more I use it without the stylus, the better I will get, so will try to wean myself off of it.

hoola 12-08-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shemmy (Post 1397184)
I'm starting to wonder how I got by without it.

HA! I said the same thing today. For me, it is sooooo much faster. I love swype. You really dont even have to try. I just works, and i have huge hands. I can swype with my thumb or index. Index is better though

godwhacker 12-08-2009 08:26 PM

I don't text much, but this swype is the cat's ass for making my to do and grocery lists.

TecFX 12-08-2009 08:46 PM

I have been going nuts with it all day, trying to use it to my advantage. I have been using it to take notes during conference calls! It is totally convenient!

For real, holla at me when your iPhone can do this!

vrzsuxppcrocks 12-09-2009 03:13 PM

i'm loving swype, so easy even a caveman could do it and its so easy. after I saw the video tutorial it was even easier. I can type way faster with swype. don't need the stylus. my finger is enough. swype works alot better in landscape.buttons are far bigger.even if you have fat fingers it will be easier.in fact im using iy right now.

hammanu1 12-10-2009 12:12 AM

Haha poor me, I bought this phone partly for swype, and its not even in the build for the Canadian Bell Omnia II. I hope someone cabs it up soon.