PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   TellMe for Omnia II (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100512)

TecFX 12-07-2009 12:11 PM

TellMe for Omnia II

OK, so I have seen the thread on the Omnia board and was interested in trying TellMe on the Omnia II. However, when I went to the site, it says they only have solutions for RIM phones. That has got to be a joke, right?

Dmordarski 12-07-2009 04:46 PM

Re: TellMe for Omnia II

2 Attachment(s)
It worked on the omnia 1 does not work on the Omnia 2, maybe you'll have better luck giver her a try

Second app is microsoft voice commander

Dmordarski 12-07-2009 06:12 PM

it does work... sort of, res is off, and it won't stop itself when you talk, only after you hit stop.

ufjason 12-08-2009 11:31 AM

tellme is a samsung/sprint exclusive until January, then it will be available for all phones.

TecFX 12-08-2009 02:33 PM

Thanks to everyone. If it is an exclusive, I can wait until January. They were nice enough to load on a competitive product. I will play with that one until then.

The Bing app, does alot of what I really need anyway.

fordfisher 12-08-2009 02:51 PM

I havent gotten tellme to work on the Omnia II but it was my favorite program on the i910. It was great for looking up numbers while driving. Usually once opera looked up the number I could just hit "dial" and thats all she wrote. Looking forward to the verizon release.

Geebox 12-08-2009 09:20 PM

I am missing something that tellme does that the Nuance Voice already in the O2 cant do?

fordfisher 12-09-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geebox (Post 1397843)
I am missing something that tellme does that the Nuance Voice already in the O2 cant do?

It seems you have a point. However Tellme is supposed to work from GPS also i think. And tellme seemed to understand better for me. On the other side I did get nuance to open applications that the borrowed tellme wouldnt do. I hadnt even tried it because one of the other apps (visual voice mail) wanted me to subscribe and I trashed it. I just thought nuance wanted revenue too. Thanks

fordfisher 12-09-2009 12:27 AM

and I believe tellme also will write dictation of your email or text. I cant get nuance to do that either. I might be missing something though. I keep trying to get the tutorial to work and it goes to it then says that I dont need a tutorial. No learning neccesary.

gderreck 12-11-2009 01:21 AM

I am new to this forum. Greetings! I am also new to the world of Windows Mobile. I am considering purchasing the Omnia II from Bell Mobility. I have read the previous posts. Can anyone confirm that TellMe will install on the Omnia II in January 2010 when the exclusivity period expires. I would not purchase the phone without voice commands. Also, any voice command alternatives? Finally, do I have to unlock the phone if I install non-Bell software? Thanks for your help.