PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

petrafan007 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where's our upgrade???

Seriously... I am sick and tired of Android 1.5. Who do I have to call and speak to at Samsung to find out the ETA on the upgrade. I'll take 1.6 at this point. I want google maps navigation and voice to text. The freakin' G1 can do this and we can't!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Where's our upgrade???

Alright guys...

instead of just complaining, I want us all to help get a solution sooner than later. So here's the deal. I just called Samsung Mobile Support (1-888-987-4357) and got a woman on the phone who says that this phone will not be upgraded until early next year, and we will get getting Android 1.6. This is totally unacceptable, and I will not stand idlely by and watch other companies (Motorola, HTC) blow us Samsung Moment owners out of the water and stuck in the past. We need to get our voice out there.

I asked her WHO told her this, and she said people from "Texas" from Samsung Corporate, are the ones who came and trained them on this phone. She wouldn't give any names. My next step is to call Samsung Corporate in Texas (if she was right about this). Regardless, I beseech ya'll to call and request it to, even if we need to get a supervisor or management involved. We need to stop this ridiculousness now. We are stuck with a subpar device that has a crappy battery indicator and faulty aGPS, and other features we can't use (google maps navigation, voice to text) because we have an OLD version of Android.

Whose with me?

Next stop: SAMSUNG CORPORATE.

Last edited by petrafan007; 12-01-2009 at 02:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Carrier: SPRINT

eaglenest608 is a n00b

Post the number we need to call and let us know how your call goes please.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, we could start by calling the number in my previous post. When I get out of work, I will try to track down the number to Corporate (and someone who will listen to me).
Old 12-02-2009, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

ydoucare is just getting started

This is ridiculous. I don't know if I would trust the phone rep though.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: None. Samsung Moment with Android on it.

(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep(V)eGa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to (V)eGa Send a message via MSN to (V)eGa Send a message via Yahoo to (V)eGa

You are NOT KIDDING about the dodgey GPS crap. Sprint Navigation on my Sprint Touch was 1,000 times better. The version on the Moment is extremely random like it has Turrets.....lmao I will be driving and I'm on a straight away and I will not have to make a turn for 10 miles and then it will go "re-routing" and end up in a completely different place. I'm like WTF????

Yes, I have closed my site and I'm in the process of moving. I do have all of my themes still and will upload them on request here. The best part about the themes is they were perfectly on Windows 6.5 Romz.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

So I just called the number in the first post and the woman I spoke to said for OS/firmware updates I should call sprint and ask for level 2 tech support. I told her I had just spoke to sprint(lie) and they told me to call Samsung. She then said she would check her notes. She came back a few minutes later and informed me that because the phone was just released that she had no other information, and again told me to call sprint. Not gonna bother. There just gonna say its coming, and tell me what I wanna hear. Oh well, I tried.......
Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You need someone in Samsung CORPORATE to get somewhere with this. I will attempt to do so when I actually get the chance. Last time I called they said I needed a "name" to transfer me. Does anyone know a name of anyone in mobile phones for Samsung corporate?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

outerpip is a n00b

Not to mention an unofficial 2.1 ROM for the Hero was just released....

Oh, and being that we haven't even been officially rooted yet, I'd say there's not really alot of push for OS updates for us. Jeez I miss the development support I got on my Touch and Touch Pro.

Last edited by outerpip; 12-02-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
N00b

dth4310 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to dth4310

I "heard" from a good buddy at Sprint that a maintenance release that was originally targeted for Jan/Feb 2010 is getting expedited to before Xmas. They also stated that Samsung was aware of the aGPS issues and have delivered "patching" to correct the problem, but going back and forth as testing hasn't passed QC yet. Not sure if the MR will include the aGPS fix or what exactly will be included...keeping fingers crossed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment