PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 07:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!
Carrier: Sprint

ramiss is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Moment is a Diamond in the Rough

Sorry for the cliche but I think it is true. This is an awesome device. Sure the software needs some fine tuning, but the hardware knocks everything else out of the water.

I had a play with a Droid today. What a piece of c..p that is. Slow, cumbersome layout, keyboard is horrible. And have you guys seen all of the App comments?? Hardly anything works with the Droid!

If Sprint had spent 1/2 of the money on advertising the Moment that VZ did on the Droid this forum would be the place to be.

Ah well....It may not be popular but it is the best smartphone I have ever owned.

Richard
Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / Samsung Moment

mistabusta is just getting started
Re: Sprint Moment is a Diamond in the Rough

My partner and I both picked ours up a few days ago and feel the same way.

I did not like the squared off edges of the Droid. Even being and HTC user and fan couldn't get me to pick the Hero over the Moment.

Great phone that should only get better.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

ydoucare is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabusta View Post
My partner and I both picked ours up a few days ago and feel the same way.

I did not like the squared off edges of the Droid. Even being and HTC user and fan couldn't get me to pick the Hero over the Moment.

Great phone that should only get better.
I would have to agree...I have been in a battle with myself over which phone to get the past week, the Hero or the Moment. I finally decided to just go with the Moment and I don't regret it. This thing flies and the screen is incredible. I thought the blue tint to the screen might bug me, but it really doesn't and I only really notice it when the brightness is way down. I'm sure down the road we'll get it rooted and maybe be able to install Sense UI, which was the only thing drawing me to the Hero.

Last edited by ydoucare; 11-22-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

cygnus21 is a n00b

I agree. Just got my moment yesterday, and I love it. I think I may have a bum device though cause it wont connect to any of the google apps. Bringing it into a Sprint store tomorrow for repair or replacement. other than that its amazing and will be even better once I can get to the market, lol.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

We need polish baby! Even tho the Droid's screen size, Cortex A8 are tempting. Good thing Verizon's plans aren't... I love Android OS, the app store and the Moment's screen and keyboard are just pluses.. Disappointed at the camera and lack of settings tho..
Old 11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Gcav is a n00b

Got my moment sunday night, been great so far will really get to play with it thursday
Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I have the hero and I am on the fence about swapping out for the moment. The thing that holds me back is I don't want any oreo effect. Pre owners will know what I am talking about. Basically wiggle from the slider. I am also worried about pandora and sprint navigation issues with the gps. The pandora issue with bad sound and music cutting off is another big thing to me. Have you guys experienced these things?
Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond / Samsung Moment

mistabusta is just getting started

No on the Pandora issue. Works just fine for me, though I prefer Last.FM.

There is a little wiggle from the slider out of the box, but it hasn't loosened up anymore, so I'm assuming that this is how they built it as both the units we have do this as did the few I tested at various Sprint stores. My old PPC6700 was the worst when it came to wiggle in the slider.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift

IOWA is a n00b

Man after owning nothing but HTC devices for the last 4 years coming to this I felt like I was betraying HTC, but they want way to much for the TP2! I cant justify the expense when there are other phones that do the same thing, and after reading the technical specs and realizing the hardware on the moment is so much better than the TP2, I couldn't say no! And the thing that really got me is I have a TP and the hardware vs TP2 is like no difference at all, aside from better speakerphone, quadband, and a tilting screen. Oh and the headphone jack. The moments speaker phone works great, Reception is crisp and clean, no tilting screen, but does have a 3.5 mm Headphone jack!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero

mysparebrain is just getting started

I've had the Moment for a couple weeks now. I do like it a lot, but I also like GPS a lot. That's where the downfall is for me. Going on a 600 mile trip from Houston, TX to Rutledge, AL this past week using SN, I lost the GPS signal quite a few times even on I-10 going in a straight line. Google Maps didn't fare much better.

I've tried enabling the "use wireless networks", and rebooting the phone before I use it, but it does not help. I am hoping that even though the Hero is "slower", that it will be good enough to suit my needs.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment