PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   moment data (evdo) locking up for anyone ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97447)

ATT-Half 11-19-2009 03:26 AM

moment data (evdo) locking up for anyone ?

my moment sometimes loses internet connection i have to power off the phone and back on again to regain back functionality.

this happens under when i put load on evo with browser or Pandora

GPS is crap locks fast but can't keep up one minute is working then it's not

AGPS is crap

anyone having issues ?

I'm thinking about returning it and waiting for other android devices
love the speed and the feal but having issues and don't like it

I upgraded from a touch pro

why samsung taking long with updating android!!!

clockcycle 11-19-2009 11:25 AM

Re: moment data (evdo) locking up for anyone ?

I have had my data connection still show connected but stop working, I chucked it to a few possible reasons; I was at 5-15% low battery. doing extensive first time owner fidgeting , unit was hot, I had everything loaded, and using task manager to kill everything (possibly killed too many wrong processes). Or Sprint had a burp in the network. (this was last night)

So i just powered down and plugged in the phone to charge and it all came back ok.

Hope it's not reoccurring.

-CC

ATT-Half 11-21-2009 04:43 AM

It's done it few times for me on different days

seriously thinking going back to my touch pro until they get at least 2.0 on it

zetec 11-23-2009 04:20 PM

I've had the same issues. Seems like it'll happen at least once every 3 days.

I'm really waiting for 1.6 or 2.0, I have a feeling that will solve a lot of these little radio-related issues, as the CDMA support in 1.5 was more or less hacked together.

We'll see.

ramiss 11-27-2009 06:19 AM

no issues here. Perhaps it is a location/signal strength issue.

ydoucare 11-30-2009 12:22 AM

I can confirm this issue. It has happened a couple times in good signal areas, usually when i'm downloading something. The last time it happened while downloading an app from the market. The download died at 96%. The only way I could get a connection back was to reboot the phone.

boiker 11-30-2009 04:39 PM

I'll confirm as well. My EVDO signal flips to 1x despite full bars and being located less than 1/2 mile from a sprint tower.

I did notice a couple times when my d/l's froze when installing from the market. Other than these minor glitches, the phone is an uncountable number of times better than my touch pro.

casual guy 02-07-2010 10:19 PM

I have had mine for about 2 months now it has locked up on me twice. Each time was when I was making a call. Only way I could get out this feature was to remove battery.

vabronxboogie 02-08-2010 08:10 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

It happened to me too. I rebooted. My cellphone was at 15%. It kept sayin it was on airplane mode which it wasn't.

SAShady 02-08-2010 09:21 PM

Pretty much any time i use the internet for over 5 minutes it cuts out