PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Samsung Moment (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   PRL update? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97369)

clockcycle 11-18-2009 07:36 PM

PRL update?

My unit had 60654, just ran PRL update 60657, when that come out?

Athasian 11-18-2009 07:40 PM

Re: PRL update?

How do you do a PRL update on the Moment?

mysparebrain 11-18-2009 08:58 PM

Menu, Settings, About Phone, System Updates, Update PRL. It keeps giving me an error on mine though...

demonlordoftheround 11-18-2009 08:58 PM

60657 was pushed to me last week.

ajac 11-19-2009 10:44 AM

anyway to do a roaming only mode?

bigge4380 12-31-2009 09:06 PM

Current is now 60658. The PRL can be downloaded if you initiate an update from the device selfservice program or as described above.

darkhelmet 01-01-2010 07:17 PM

For people like me that hate when folks post acronyms without the courtesy of explaining what it is and just in case another non-techie reads the article and wonders WTF you are posting about. All in all it's a pretty prevalent and discourteous practice and makes posts like this almost worthless.

PRL (Preferred Roaming List)

This list tells your phone which towers to look for when establishing connection, including towers from other carriers that Sprint has roaming agreements with. As new EVDO towers are installed or new roaming agreements are reached, your PRL will become out of date because it won't know to hunt for these new towers. You may be in an EVDO area, but if your phone does not have the tower in the list, it will not know to attempt to connect to the new tower.

Carla 01-01-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhelmet (Post 1453972)
For people like me that hate when folks post acronyms without the courtesy of explaining what it is and just in case another non-techie reads the article and wonders WTF you are posting about. All in all it's a pretty prevalent and discourteous practice and makes posts like this almost worthless.

This list tells your phone which towers to look for when establishing connection, including towers from other carriers that Sprint has roaming agreements with. As new EVDO towers are installed or new roaming agreements are reached, your PRL will become out of date because it won't know to hunt for these new towers. You may be in an EVDO area, but if your phone does not have the tower in the list, it will not know to attempt to connect to the new tower.

I just gotta say....Huh?? I don't think anyone was asking what a PRL Update was. Why the anger?

Spiderman313 01-01-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhelmet (Post 1453972)

Thanks! I never knew what it meant. Always good for the information no matter what other people think.

Red_Cheeks 01-02-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1454448)
Thanks! I never knew what it meant. Always good for the information no matter what other people think.

+1

Thanks!