PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Couple of Questions

1. Is there any way to disable the email notifications? I obviously want the phone to ring and to alert me when a text comes in but the constant email alerts that are identical to a text message alert is very annoying.

2. Is there any way to sync my Outlook contacts/calendar with the moment without an exchange server?

This is what I have done so far in an attempt to remedy this:
1. I exported my contacts and calendar to a file from outlook
2. I imported them in to my gmail contacts and calendar
You would think this would work however when a person calls that I clearly have in my contacts, the caller id does not show the name, just the phone number as if they are not in my contacts at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: A Couple of Questions

I am not sure if this is a solution as I have not really checked into it yet personally. have you tried Microsoft's myphone? You can also sync your phone with google.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: A Couple of Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
I am not sure if this is a solution as I have not really checked into it yet personally. have you tried Microsoft's myphone? You can also sync your phone with google.
It looks like it only works with winmobile phones. I am syncing with google but for some reason the phone is not recognizing my contacts with the caller id. It does for some but not for all. Kind of wierd. Thanks anyway.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Legacy Samsung Android Devices > Samsung Moment